Fly's 1/32 Wessex HU.5

siamese

Greetings everyone.  Got this kit last month and decided to start on it. 

f6bb4d99-4a3e-45ff-a156-3f3d216951d1_zps

After getting the windows cut out for the HU.5 version decided to tape it together and see how it looks.  Still have a lot of clean up work to do on the seams.  Will start putting the ribs in tomorrow in the cargo bay area.

body1_zpsanv1cbwh.jpg

body_zpsj1eglmy2.jpg

Since the only thing out there is the rotor blade fold set and the exhaust set from Scale Warship Store which I might pick up the exhaust set but hoping for almost out of the box build. 

Dan

• Like 4

I have been dithering about getting this kit for some time now so perhaps this thread will make my mind up for me one way or another.

Martian

• Like 1

Just a small update.  Got the ribbing done on one side just have to add the triangle plates at the joints.  Didn't think I could clean up the ribs that came in the kit so made my own.

ribs_zpsc8lrd1cs.jpg

Any positive and negative feedback welcome. 

• Like 2

Very wise to replace the kit ribs. To my mind moulded on ones never look quite as good as scratch built ones however good a kit is. Limitations of the moulding process I guess.

Martian

Thanks everyone on your comments and looking in on this build.  For paint scheme was looking at doing the blue and red one.   Was wondering if anyone on here can tell me if the color call out for the blue and red is correct?  They call for Humbrol colors

Blue is 157

Red is 153

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

cargo%20area_zpsemvjlfkz.jpg

Finally got the other side done with the ribs.  Still need to do some touch up work and add some more details.  Hard to find time at the model bench when the weather is starting to get nice out.

• Like 3

Looking good, depending upon whether you build a crab taxi of Navy cab check the direction of the fishplates (diamond shaped joint plate) that are at each frame joint. If I remeber correctly the navy one are verticle and the crab ones horizontal.

Colin

Now here's one for me to watch. I served four tours on Wessex and haven't yet produced a decent model of one. Lead the way Dan! 

Good start on the framing.

Colin, so if I understand you on the diamond shape joint plates,  since I have settled on doing the blue and red scheme Royal Navy one that the diamond shape joint plates will be vertical?  Does anyone have a picture of them? 

In the Britmodeller Walkarounds there are some outstanding photographs of the interior walls and structures of Wessexes put in by Mick, I suggest a few minutes of study will answer all your questions about that

Then they will distract you so you lose hours gazing in awe at these brilliant research items

I do get so lost I forget to come out and return to model making

The BM walkarounds are awesome

I'm not being awkward, I can't remember either but I have to shoot off elsewhere and I know that you will love it in there

Ciao