LINBERG Independence day alien

I think  ths was a LINDBERG kit. This is the alien from first  Independence Day movie. Injection moulded polystyrene, here painted with enamels, all done by brush here.   Model  is quite delicate to make, and needs support  untlil the glue sets. (used poly glue) as the painting was done by brush, it looks a bit crude, but the overall effect isn't too bad.  Tentacles flow on the the stand and link up with moulded tentacles there, the join is quite concealed by the mould technique. About 7in tall. 

id4_8_small.jpg

id4_2_small.jpg

id4_3_small.jpg

id4_7_small.jpg

id4_6_small.jpg

I have found an IDS alien spacecraft fighter, which I partially did a while back, completed the assembly, just needs painting. again I think LINDBERG Injection moulded polystyrene. Now out of production  I think. 

Edited by oldmodeler
  • Like 14

Love the paint job you've done on this. The subtle mottling, spots and stripes really work well. I remember seeing a build of this kit in Tamiya magazine, back when the film came out, and thought they'd done a rather dull paint job on it. Yours is much better.

Andy

All the painting was by brush, I think enamels underneath, then gloss enamels on top, then TAMYIA acrylic transparent blue gloss over the top so it rans as wash into the cracks et. 

the style was not from an alien, but from a VIctorian plant-pot that mum had xxxxx years ago, all glooped over blue on top of blues.