HALCYON Nostromo shuttle Narcissus and Alien

This is fairly  old stuff, but you might find it interesting, avalible in the 1990's from HALCYON.

Here is the remaining picture of the shuttle  Narcissus kit, This was the HALCYON  kit to about 1/72. Injection moulded, I brush painted it matt very light blue-grey and stuck the transfers on about, um 20 years ago, If you can find this kit, it is very good quality I painted the transparencies gloss black on the inside rather than bother with  internal detai,l (the movie internals do not really fit inside). HALCYON did a vinyl NOSTOMO to a huge 1/400 or so, as well as a number of Aliens, in various finishes  . In the loft somewhere. 

Photographed on its stand against a felt background, then photoshoped in some stars.  2 stops under exposed. 

n_1_small.jpg

This is the original HALCYON vinyl ALIEN. 

I superglued it together and added a load of spurious detail to hide the joins, (Milliput), then glopped lots of acrylics on it.

The tail has a metal rod so it  can be posed in place, as can the arms. which rotate on the shoulders. 

A very expenive model, and accurate to the movie:

worker_2.jpg

worker_3.jpg

thinking of stripping off the acrylic and re-painting, as I can now do a better job: I think I just smeared the paint on. it should have been blue-ish.

worker_4.jpg

Skull cover was transparent vinyl, which is not glued on. I added globes to the skull eye sockets, though you never see them in the movie. 

Model is about 14 in  high and stands on the tail without a stand

worker_5.jpg

Below is the injection-moulded polystyrene ALIEN , about 9in high form  HALCYON. , was supplied with  an egg and stand, but I didn't think much of that so I made it self-supporting. Colour is adjusted to look bluish, 

worker_s_1.jpg

worker_s_4.jpg

these could be re-painted to update to a better quality. 

worker_s_5.jpg

Note Vinyl green alien  has two thumbs, six fingers in total,  IP alien has  five fingers. all ALIEN figure vary in details. but I think the HALCYON Vinyl one is the most accurate. 

Edited by oldmodeler
more notes. corrections
  • Like 5

AH, thanks Pete.

The big green  vinyl model  now has paint flaking off, especially off the moving tail, hence a possible re-paint.  Vinyls doesn't seem to be stable, and I might have problems stripping off the old acrylic.  But then again, the model is long out of production, and non-replacable. 

The finish on the smaller alien is better, I used enamel matt, then a gloss varnish on top.