The beast from the East, ICM's new Mig-25 RBT. FINISHED!!!

1 hour ago, Red Dot said:

hi Craig,

That looks superb especially the cockpit and engines. Make sure you bring it along to the club meeting on 26 May please so that i can take a proper look at it.

What will the butterfly land on next, i wonder?

Andy

Thanks Andy,

Took her along to the club last night, might still take her on the 26th for you to have a look at.

This butterfly has fluttered his way over to the "From Russia With Love" GB, with a helicopter appropriately enough!

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig! Well......what can I say? A superb build thread has resulted in an absolutely stunning Foxbat. Your build, painting and finishing are absolutely top notch! Very, very well done. :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Stix you are far too kind.

14 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I am doing my best ;)

what is up next?

you could still start an Aardvark in the respective GB and I guess you'd easily overtake me :cool:

Thanks Werner,

As I said above off to the Russian GB, building an Mi-8. Am tempted by the F-111 GB but there are too many others I want to join in on and I cannot do them all, and no i don't think I could catch you up!

• Like 2

Another potential winner there, very well done.

May I ask what you used grit wise or mesh wise for weathering down the decals?

Pristine markings are a pet hate of mine, they stand out a mile to my eye and I hate it, any help is much appreciated especially for my "got to be finished but never will" Frogfoot.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RMP2 said:

Another potential winner there, very well done.

May I ask what you used grit wise or mesh wise for weathering down the decals?

Pristine markings are a pet hate of mine, they stand out a mile to my eye and I hate it, any help is much appreciated especially for my "got to be finished but never will" Frogfoot.

Thanks, greatly appreciated.

Ah yes, pristine markings, I'm with you 100%. What I use is micromesh (a very fine grade) and do it very gently and checking very regularly to make sure that I haven't gone too far with it. Take your time as you can't put the marking back on, but you can always remove a bit more if you think it needs it. I do hope you get your Frogfoot finished as I liked watching your build for the 80's edition of this GB.

• Like 1

What a result Craig, you really nailed this one! The needle for the probe is a great idea too, will borrow that ^_^ . The best part for me is how scale the finish is ,very realistic, all the things you did blended in very nicely, one to be proud of there!

• Like 1

Lovely work sir :goodjob:

One of the great rewards from hosting a GB is seeing the models coming together and knowing you're having fun taking part so thank you for doing so.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...