Yak firebar

26 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

WOW!! It's a cracking finish, I actually don't know what to say..well done!! 

Thanks valkyrie,still a few bit and bobs left, should be done end of next week, your mig 25 is looking really good too i bet in 1/72 its as big as this in 48th :P

• Like 1

I want to do a NMF properly but never be able to replicate your work on the Yak. If I made that I wouldn't make another model again I'd just sit and look at it. Yeah I got such a shock having only done 1/72 WWII stuff then got the MiG25 it is  massive

4 hours ago, Hewy said:

Decals are on,and i can confirm they are very good, thin and glossy minimal soaking to free them ,very nice ,mostly done just some breakages to fix, detail weathering,and the vignette im planning for it also I've got to repaint the canopy due to over exuberant cleaning after demasking cheers 

Glynn

OI000115_zpshqgqozbk.jpg

OI000114_zpst9vkjdzf.jpg

OI000111_zpsoze3vmg4.jpg

- These pics reminds me of propaganda photos "divulgated" during cold war by the soviets to show us ,poor westerners ,how mighty were their air defences, they were supposed to be taken during a night intrusion alert, under the crude searchlight light of the tarmac;. With  figures of one or two pilots and  ladder the illusion could be total. I REALLY LIKE THIS

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IPMS19 said:

- These pics reminds me of propaganda photos "divulgated" during cold war by the soviets to show us ,poor westerners ,how mighty were their air defences, they were supposed to be taken during a night intrusion alert, under the crude searchlight light of the tarmac;. With  figures of one or two pilots and  ladder the illusion could be total. I REALLY LIKE THIS

Thanks , nice story ipms, to be honest i was trying to practice the moody atmosphere of that black and white photo of the 03  yak from earlier in the thread,,but the sun was shining through the window and ruined my meagre photographic skills, I've  just scratch built a ladder to look like the one in the photo,i was going to buy one ,but i like this one now

20170326_194255_zpsovlu5lgq.jpg

hv_1978_03_zpseijyqsyb.jpg

And with the headless and armless pilot on the ladder,

20170326_194718_zpsdqkebgjc.jpg

Thanks ,,glynn

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I want to do a NMF properly but never be able to replicate your work on the Yak. If I made that I wouldn't make another model again I'd just sit and look at it. Yeah I got such a shock having only done 1/72 WWII stuff then got the MiG25 it is  massive

Valkyrie 2 years ago i was brush painting models,and not very well either,bought a cheap chinese airbrush and compressor witha tank all for less than a hundred pounds,and you just pick it up,I've still got lots to learn,and this is my first alclad bmf, cheers mate

Glynn

• Like 1

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

Cracking work on the ladder Glynn, it looks superb and really adds to the scene.

This is going to look so good!

Craig i was going to buy one,but couldn't find one similar,it was your idea to scratch build one,I'm glad i listened, cheers

Glynn

• Like 1

Very impressive Glynn, it looks flawless. I look forward to it all coming together.

David

edit, just saw the ladder, if you can make that who needs aftermarket?! Super job.

Edited by mirageiv

Thanks david,although i can assure you that it isn't flawless the list of things to fix and repaint is about as long as your arm,also you've only seen its photogenic side:P cheers,

Glynn

• Like 1

Wow. That looks brilliant. Well done on the natural metal finish - awesome job, particularly considering its your first. (Going to have to sand mine back and go over it again. Have definitively proved that airbrushing doesn't go so well after a couple of glasses of wine.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zebra said:

Wow. That looks brilliant. Well done on the natural metal finish - awesome job, particularly considering its your first. (Going to have to sand mine back and go over it again. Have definitively proved that airbrushing doesn't go so well after a couple of glasses of wine.)

Hi zebra

- Give up the wine....... try whisky....!!!...:idea:  :D  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zebra said:

Thanks zebra,sometimes i do better work after a couple of glasses of merlot, i'd make a complete pigs ear of the model  after whisky, though i do partake in the odd glass of jura single malt:Psometimes the modelling can wait till we've enjoyed a tipple,

Thanks again

Glynn

45 minutes ago, IPMS19 said:

Hi zebra

- Give up the wine....... try whisky....!!!...:idea:  :D  

I like both..,!:wink: 

On 3/26/2017 at 8:02 PM, Hewy said:

Valkyrie 2 years ago i was brush painting models,and not very well either,bought a cheap chinese airbrush and compressor witha tank all for less than a hundred pounds,and you just pick it up,I've still got lots to learn,and this is my first alclad bmf, cheers mate

Glynn

Ooooh I think I'm a bit away from being brave enough to get an airbrush, but if this the finish...

On 3/27/2017 at 7:02 PM, Hewy said:

Thanks zebra,sometimes i do better work after a couple of glasses of merlot, i'd make a complete pigs ear of the model  after whisky, though i do partake in the odd glass of jura single malt:Psometimes the modelling can wait till we've enjoyed a tipple,

Thanks again

Glynn

I like both..,!:wink: 

I do enjoy a whisky or two while modelling. Though several beers and craft knife sprue cutting isn't recommended 

• Like 1

I keep coming back to look at this!! It's fabulous. I keep my selected 6 models on display under the tv. If this was in the cabinet I wouldn't be able to watch to I'd just look at this 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

I keep coming back to look at this!! It's fabulous. I keep my selected 6 models on display under the tv. If this was in the cabinet I wouldn't be able to watch to I'd just look at this 

Thank you  valkyrie most kind ,I've got the pilot figure together,I'm in two minds whether to use his partner or not ,and ive got the icm soviet air field kit glued together, done some touch ups, need to do some more though, just got to matt him down ,paint the airfield ,bits and bobs ,(the list gets longer i swear) cheers mate,

Glynn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

By the way i haven't got a lot of display room either ,I'm afraid i have more in the loft in storage boxes ,i too cycle my prefered models,

Glynn

• Like 1

On 29/3/2017 at 9:57 PM, Hewy said:

Thank you  valkyrie most kind ,I've got the pilot figure together,I'm in two minds whether to use his partner or not ,and ive got the icm soviet air field kit glued together, done some touch ups, need to do some more though, just got to matt him down ,paint the airfield ,bits and bobs ,(the list gets longer i swear) cheers mate,

Glynn

- The guy in the back seat cannot be avoided , they are a crew and as such I think it will be a good tribute payed to all the fearless and trusty poor sand bags of this  world.......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IPMS19 said:

- The guy in the back seat cannot be avoided , they are a crew and as such I think it will be a good tribute to all the fearless poor sand bags of this  world.......

ok,ok  :smile: he's in 

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 1