On 05/02/2017 at 0:45 PM, HansReggelsen said:

And so it has begun! :viking:

A few pictures of the seat/cockpit.

Oh - I may add that all the pictures are taken with my IPhone 5S. :winkgrin:

FullSizeRender004_zpsn9kfbw9d.jpg

FullSizeRender005_zpsy3uhvzgu.jpg

FullSizeRender006_zpszftqe4pf.jpg

FullSizeRender007_zpsm9er8xv1.jpg

That's all for now - have a nice sunday! Here the weather is grey in grey and moist and really boring - so it's nice to have something like this to do! :winkgrin:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Don't know how accurate you want to be but that is a very  late model Jaguar mk 9 seat shown in your picture, that has a headbox type that was not used on Harrier, and it has the long straps that did not appear on Harrier until 1981. Before that the seat had short shoulder straps called a combined harness that plugged into the pilots lifejacket in the upper chest area. if you go to http://www.martin-baker.com/ ,go to the history page in the "about" drop down menu, and download the development mk1 to mk10 pdf. On page 38 is a picture of a Mk 9 seat, again this is a jag seat but the early version which shows the headbox and strap system as used on harrier pre 1981.

The whole document is a good read as well!

Selwyn

Edited by Col.
Gave it a tidy up for you Selwyn :)

3 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

Yet another small update:

FullSizeRender013_zpstjnqm4qr.jpg

This is fun! :winkgrin:

Hans J

Don't use the rocket pod,its a 100mm rocket pod not used by the RAF. It should be a 18 shot 68 mm pod.  The inboard pylons are sea harrier pylons with a different front profile to the type used on GR1/3

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

Don't use the rocket pod,its a 100mm rocket pod not used by the RAF. It should be a 18 shot 68 mm pod.  The inboard pylons are sea harrier pylons with a different front profile to the type used on GR1/3

Selwyn

I know exactly what you mean there Selwyn. But... theyre rocket pods!! Bit light on the ground for correct ones, sadly.

100mm you say? Just what were they used on? Are they still a MATRA/SNEB thing those Hunter pods or something else?

Hi Selwyn! :)

Thanks for stopping me making a fool of myself! :blush:

I'll use the kit pylons instead, allthough they are not that detalied! 

As for not using the rocketpods, that's fine by me - then I'm ahead of scedule! :winkgrin:

However I think I'll be sticking with the seat as i plan on closing the canopy and it's still better than the kit seat! :)

Cheers  :bye:

Hans J

14 hours ago, RMP2 said:

I know exactly what you mean there Selwyn. But... theyre rocket pods!! Bit light on the ground for correct ones, sadly.

100mm you say? Just what were they used on? Are they still a MATRA/SNEB thing those Hunter pods or something else?

Lots of airforces use(d) the  100mm pod, and on Hunters as well  (these pods in the thread were sourced from the Academy hunter IIRC) but the RAF never used this model of rocket. Last one I saw was on A German Fiat G91! (showing my age!)

Selwyn

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

Hi Selwyn! :)

Thanks for stopping me making a fool of myself! :blush:

I'll use the kit pylons instead, allthough they are not that detalied! 

As for not using the rocketpods, that's fine by me - then I'm ahead of scedule! :winkgrin:

However I think I'll be sticking with the seat as i plan on closing the canopy and it's still better than the kit seat! :)

Cheers  :bye:

Hans J

Hans,

Visually The only difference in the pylons is  the front profile, a bit of sanding  to shape on the ones you have got would sort out the problem.

• Like 1

Hi Selwyn! :D

It's fine by me to use the kitpylons - in fact I was already a bit in doubt as whether or not to use the resin ones, as my experience shows that anything glued with superglue is bound (!) to break loose at some time, especially if it's an underwing thingie! :hmmm:So for me plastic on plastic is always the preferred option! :winkgrin:

As for the pods - I also have a Fiat G91 laying around so can use them there! :D

I think for this Harrier, I'll leave the pylons empty - looks really cool (and saves me some time! - The next GB I'm in starts in one week! :o Hopefully I'll have this alomost done by then! :pray: )

Hans J

• Like 1

Another small update:

I've been painting a bit - cockpit, intakes, wheelwells etc. - the parts that'll go inside the fuselage. :winkgrin:

I'll pop up some pictures of the cockpit later when it's done, but here's a picture of soem of the other parts:

FullSizeRender014_zpswulywu3g.jpg

Hans J

• Like 1

I remember using SnJ about 25 years ago - you can get a beautiful finish, but the powder went everywhere and I was still finding specks of shiny powder on things I didn't want powdered for weeks afterwards!

• Like 1

Todays update is a small step for modelling but a tigerleap for this build: :D

FullSizeRender015_zps8nbsxpkm.jpg

FullSizeRender016_zpsqjv3zmx9.jpg

This is going faster than I expected, but it's a good thing as I hope to have it finished by next weekend, when the next GB takes of. :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 5

Must admit I always think an aircraft model seems to take a great leap forward when the fuselage halves go together. The cockpit certainly looks good in there.

• Like 1

Todays update is just a short one!: :D

FullSizeRender017_zpstxaxlokl.jpg

Those of you who participated in last years 1980'es NATO vs Warzawa Pact may remember my utterly defeat in trying to scribe Heller's 1/48 Mirage IV - a defeat I'm still trying to recover from! :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 3

Not much of an update today - the sun is shining (in the Sahara), the birds are singing (in the jungles of South America) and my wife has a couple of days off. :D

So just a little update:

FullSizeRender022_zpsmjrdokym.jpg

Tomorrow evening I meet with my buddies for a little modelling so hopefully I'll get the seat painted! :pray:

Hans J

• Like 3