Hail to the Chief(tain)

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Nice work there Steve. On the tank that is, can't pass comment on the bedroom...

Thank's Col,I,m enjoying this build as it's quick and It's a big chunk of plastic for your money I've been mulling over another armour build

for later in the GB maybe an M60 or even the relevant mark of Leopard if I can source the right decal's for the era.

• Like 1

Hi folk's,I got the few decal's on last night and today (in between the million job's SWMBO left me) I gave the whole tank  dusting of light

earth heavier along the bottom of the armoured skirt and lower hull,that's it for the weekend next job painting those wheels!

DSCN4605_zpsk1bfguac.jpg

DSCN4607_zpsjalmaoi0.jpg

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Blimey Steve thats some very fast and very good work!

First one for the gallery?

Could be the Gallery gate guard Craig,only a couple of hour's work left to do.

• Like 3

Hi all just an update of the last couple of days work.track's painted along with wheels,although not a lot is seen when the upper hull 

is added I still want to dry brush and dirty up the wheels which will be the next job.

DSCN4609_zpshwkqsiu4.jpg

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Looking great Steve, I really like the way you are building up the weathering.  :thumbsup:

Thank's Sarge.

6 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

The tracks look great! How did you get them looking like that Steve ??

Thank's but it's down to Tamiya they are molded beautifully.I painted the inner surface earth and repeated the process in the

outside but as I did each quarter wiped of the paint on the track pads before it dried.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hewy said:

Are those the vinyl tracks steve or have you purchased aftermarket ones,they look pretty good , coming along very well indeed

Glynn

Vinyl track's as per the kit Glynn.

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Have to join in with the chorus of praise for your work there Steve. Subtle and effective :clap2:

Many thank's Col,here's the latest,track's fitted wheels dry brushed and earth misted on with the airbrush on low setting.

DSCN4612_zpsstjfssoy.jpg

And upper lower hulls joined together.

DSCN4613_zpsotonotrc.jpg

And Turret fitted.I put a wash into the canvass on the gun barrel and added evergreen strip to some of the binding straps

hanging down as real photo's show this feature,just a dry brush over the upper hull,add the GPMG(I've fired one and it was

"very sexy")to add and some stores to find for the stowage basket's.

DSCN4616_zpsigkt5syz.jpg

• Like 10

Know I keep saying this but it's looking lovely Steve. Your additions and subtle work really is bringing it to life. As for the Gimpy; they do have a certain 'presence' shall we say :D 

• Like 1

Looks brilliant Steve and I`m old enough to remember this old beast in service too! The barred turret bin usually contained a camo net as far as I can remember,...if this helps,

Looking forward to seeing the final touches added,

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Well done Steve she looks fantastic.

Nice to see older kits being turned into cracking looking models, what's next mate?

Many thanks Craig,Mig 21 for this GB thread on last page as I have not done anything since laying down the marker at the start,and

a very pink Land Rover in my wip armour thread amongst others.

• Like 1