Large stowage boxes - where from?

pigsty

I have a small number of 1/32 aircraft and they're proving the devil to store and transport.  The problem will only get worse when stuff like the Backfire and Bear reach the top of the heap.

No box seems to be big enough.  There seem to be thousands in all sorts of shops, but anything wide and long enough is too shallow, while anything deep enough will fall down on one of the other dimensions.  Even banana boxes are too short, and they're normally the business.  Ikea's otherwise excellent Samla is too shallow.

What I'd like is a few decently strong boxes, with lids, that need to be at least 24x16x8 inches (60x40x20cm in new money).  Ideally they'd also have stiff enough lids that they wouldn't bow unexpectedly and break bits off.  Plastic or cardboard doesn't really matter.

So, does anyone know of a source?

7 hours ago, Richard E said:

How about the ubiquitous Really Useful Storage Box - they produce a 71 x 44 x 23 50 litre under bed storage box.

That looks like the chap.  Much better than building my own (I can barely build the models, for goodness sake!).  But I'm not too keen on the delivery charges.  Don't suppose they have stockists?