F-100F 1/72 Cockpit

RidgeRunner

Just answered this in the targets sorry Armour section...   ...FWIW, I don't recall anyone doing a set for an F model, though I would be happy to be proved wrong so your best starting point may well be two D cockpits but it doesn't mean that the rear cockpit is necessarily the same as the front (they're usually less busy)!

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:59 AM, RidgeRunner said:

Hi all, is there a resin cockpit available in 1/72? If not can I develop one by using two D-model cockpits? thanks Martin

RR,

Looks like Aires does an early and  late F-100F resin cockpit, but only in 1/48. They do an  F-100C and F-100D cockpit set in 1/72. I have attached a link to the Aires sets so you can see what the 1/48 sets look like- I use photos of 1/48 and larger scale resin sets to use as a reference for upgrading or scratchbuilding a kit cockpit. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Mike

http://www.aires.cz/en/catalog/?search=F-100&category=5&searchButton.x=11&searchButton.y=10#lightbox[photo]/2/

That's a great help, Mike. Thanks. The F-model will follow my current C and the D that is coming next. All will be Turks.

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

11 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

That's a great help, Mike. Thanks. The F-model will follow my current C and the D that is coming next. All will be Turks.

Martin

Whose decals will you be using for these?

Hi Martin,

I've seen the Tigerhead decals and they have some interesting markings, not actually seen the decals in the flesh, let alone used any so I was wondering how they performed?