Matchbox 1/72 Aeritalia G-91Y

Thanks guys, I used xtracolor paints which are usually reliable. That said, disaster has now struck. The decals have disintigrated and no amount of liquid decal will bring them back. Annoyingly these were printed by Revell; I have not had any issues with old Matchbox decals. I guess I am now at a standstill until I can source some more.

• Like 1

Ok, I have a plan. I had forgotten that Xtradecals brought out a G91R sheet so I will order that and use what I can accordingly. The down side to this is that I will be forced to buy some G91R kits in order to justify buying the sheet...:wink:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, rafalbert said:

Ok, I have a plan. I had forgotten that Xtradecals brought out a G91R sheet so I will order that and use what I can accordingly. The down side to this is that I will be forced to buy some G91R kits in order to justify buying the sheet...:wink:

Oh, that's a shame, never mind :lol: 

I wish! None of these are for a "Y" so I am using the decals which are common to both types then I will have to figure out the rest. Then buy some Meng G.91R kits to make use of the other decals...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rafalbert said:

I wish! None of these are for a "Y" so I am using the decals which are common to both types then I will have to figure out the rest. Then buy some Meng G.91R kits to make use of the other decals...

That sounds a good plan. Otherwise you'd never get value for money from the decal sheet and that would be a waste so you're saving money by buying more kits in the long term :whistle: 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, my apologies for lack of updates (work and extension building have gotten in the way somewhat). The xtradecals went on beautifully, but I had to use some of the kit decals which were a nightmare. I gave up on the nose flashes in the end and painted them by hand. Anyway, she is now decalled and matt varnished, just awaiting undercarriage, stores etc.

IMG_20170402_201918_zpslpt2tn2r.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, please accept my apologies for lack of posts; the latter stages of our extension build and my work going bonkers have put a massive dent in my modelling. As a result I have rushed the old girl somewhat. I still need to put handles on the ejector seat, do a better job of the canopy and replace the weapons at some point in the future. The decals themselves were the lowest point of the build, it is quite obvious from the photos below which ones came with the kit due to silvering. The ones taken from the Xtradecals G91R set are used with artistic licence, as the numbers are the wrong size, possibly the roundels too. That said it was damn good fun to build and I definitely have my modelling mojo back. She will never win any competitions but I love my Gina all the same!

IMG_20170522_210759_zpsi66vac9j.jpg

IMG_20170522_210818_zpsjwxqnusi.jpg

IMG_20170522_210847_zps3hxaadqb.jpg

IMG_20170522_210900_zpsm2wwwxkp.jpg

IMG_20170522_210923_zpsoafeyrev.jpg

IMG_20170522_210940_zpszk90dfy0.jpg

• Like 5

Great to see an uncommon subject getting some love and attention then being brought to completion in the gallery. No need to apologise for that :thumbsup: 

I just caught up, right at the end.

Youve made a lovely job of it. I love the Gina, a very attractive aircraft.

It's good to see a good old faithful Matchbox kit given the treatment it deserves; great result :)

:goodjob: 

Best regards

TonyT