1/72nd Airfix- Fortress Mk.III, KJ117, 6G-E of 223 Sqn, 100 Group, RAF.

Great stuff.  You've inspired me to get the Airfix release when it comes out although it must be slightly annoying for you they are doing so after all the effort you've gone to.  Wishing you a speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

That looks absolutely wonderfull! :goodjob:

The brown/green camouflage atop the black undersides is a remarkable combination and looks great on a plane one normally only sees in NMF or Olivedrab/Neutral Grey. :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 1

My condolences for you loss Tony & heartfelt sympathy for the on-going back troubles. I hope the rest of 2017 treats you with more kindness.

Top job of the Fortress. I'm inspired to get the re-issue when it's released.

Edge

• Like 1

Also  my condolences on the loss of your mum . I feel with you - I lost my mum last summer.
Your fortress is excellent built and has a very interesting color scheme. Thanks  for sharing it with us.
All the best for 2017

Michael

• Like 1

That's just lovely... the B-17 just looks splendid in the Bomber Command Scheme and you've done her proud!

Offering my condolences on the loss of your mum, too.

All the best,

Tom

• Like 1

As ever very nicely finished. Quite different from the usual NMF B17s. 

Sorry for your troubles. As it happens today is the two year anniversary since I lost my Mother. Still quite raw.

• Like 1

It's. Even a few tough months, you and Christmas seem to have fell out over the last few years :(

gorgeous mate, love what you've done with the dado England and the extra details for the conversion. I will be building one of these when the 100grp version is released, just the inspiration one needs.

cheers

neil

• Like 1

Hello,Tony - Like the real subject you've portrayed here with this beautiful 'B-17' build in your customary style, you've been through a lot of flak but winning through.

Well done,That Man, in every respect.

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hi Tony

I am very sorry about your hard time. But I am glad to see that you recovering goes on. Both Boston and this B17 are great. Let me confess, that I returned to modelling in 1992 after some almost 10 years break exactly when my Mother was dying for cancer. I was only 33 these days and coming back to modelling helped me a lot when she very soon passed away. Since this time I am sure about strong therapeutic power of such hobby...

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 3

Tony,

First and foremost, my sincere condolences for your loss…..it is never easy as I have discovered myself. I see you have also been 'in the wars' (rather like myself of late) and of course once the doctors get hold of you there is no let up !. I think all of this explains why I maybe missed you at Telford last year.

Anyway, great, great build and an impeccable paint job as ever. I am simply amazed at how you get such good results with a brush time and time again. As others have said, its really nice to see a Fort in something other than natural metal or OD/Neutral Grey.

Well done, sir !   

• Like 1

What a fantastic model. I really like it. 

My mum died this Christmas so i can well imagine your feelings. My sincere condolences to you.

One question - why did they bother with those drafty waist gun positions? I cant see them being of much value on night ops.

Ian

• Like 1

ToT,

Please add my sincere condolences. Glad to see you're back at it! The Fort sure looks different in this scheme, but beautiful. I would not have known it was brush painted if you hadn't said so! What's next? (Still waiting for my kit to arrive- pre-ordered. Now I have to decide what scheme to put it in, especially as it's a late production variant with the Cheyenne turret and staggered waist guns....why oh why couldn't they have given us an F or early G? Not complaining, you understand!)

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks for all of your very kind comments folks,.....I really appreciate them all.

Mum`s ashes were laid to rest today, but I couldn`t make the journey over to Blackburn as my post op recovery wasn`t up to it. My commiserations to everybody else who has mentioned losing a parent,.....my heart goes out to you all.  

Ian- I have no idea why they retained the waist guns,..........the gunners were mainly employed with chucking bundles of Window down the chutes in this position so maybe they decided to keep the guns as the blokes were already there?

Mike- You could always go for an all blue US Navy B-17 if you can find a radome from a Skyriaider, Avenger, Gannet or Shackleton,..... I`ll be doing one of these at some point,...... or an all black USAAF wartime leaflet dropper (see my WIP) or a post war all black CIA agent dropper,....... there are quite a few other options.

Cheers again everybody,

Tony 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

Superb build and finish Tony,great to see a British operated machine especially in the bomber command scheme,hope you are up and 

about soon many condolences on your loss been there mate.Now let's see a coastal command one when you recover!

• Like 1