Are we having fun yet?

I think so!

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

I don't know if Junkers pants in this?

0000258740.jpg

?

Martian

• Like 1

What it says really. Today I began the tedious process of sanding, polishing, re-scribing, and repeat, you know the drill! A start was also made on getting the ailerons fettled to something like a decent fit. the main thing though is that we now have something approaching a complete airframe.

I think I will do something on the undercarriage legs and propellers next as a bit of light relief!

Thanks for looking

Martian

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 16

4 hours ago, longshanks said:

A cunning plan coming together .................

Zoom Zoom :pilot:

Kev

Thanks Kev. Trouble is that we all know what can happen to the cunning plan that cannot fail! Still, I am finding this a relaxing build which, given how I got so stressed out about my big projects recently, is just what I need. It may be wise to keep a build of this type on the go after this build to turn to if things get tough with my other builds. I may even post it here if I think there is an appetite for it.

Martian

• Like 2

Martian, I for one would relish watching what you do with a "relaxing" build. For someone just starting in this art it is very useful to see how you deal with the even the simplest kit. 

Edited by Sprueloose
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sprueloose said:

Martian, I for one would relish watching what you do with a "relaxing" build. For someone just starting in this art it is very useful to see how you deal with the even the simplest kit. 

Thanks Sprueloose, I hadn't thought about it that way. I shall ponder your wise words.

Martian

3 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I may even post it here if I think there is an appetite for it.

Martian it takes a big man to stand up in public and say I've got a problem.

Rest assured you are an inspiration to many of us.

One lesson to come out of all this is " Enjoy your Modelling "

Kev

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Martian it takes a big man to stand up in public and say I've got a problem.

Rest assured you are an inspiration to many of us.

One lesson to come out of all this is " Enjoy your Modelling "

Kev

Thanks Kev, I appreciate that.

Martian

That's coming along nicely. Always had a bit of a soft spot for the old Airfix Luftwaffe aircraft as they were favourites when my brothers and I were growing up (a long time ago!)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bell209 said:

That's coming along nicely. Always had a bit of a soft spot for the old Airfix Luftwaffe aircraft as they were favourites when my brothers and I were growing up (a long time ago!)

Thanks, I just did a quick calculation and realised that it was about forty eight years ago that I last built this kit! Feeling old anybody? :clif:

18 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

It's looking mighty fine!

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, more to the point, its fun still after all these years.

Martian

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Not far off when I last built one!

We can all feel old together then!

50 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Stately progress o tentacled fettler. 

Tony

PS. Fixed the missing link above.

There would be more progress but for the fact that my ISP started messing me about and has been keeping me from the bench by having to change my email account. I would have never have thought that it could be so much hassle until I realised the number of things one uses one's email address for. Not a happy Martian! :shoot:

Martian the Miffed

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

more to the point, its fun still after all these years.

Now we're getting there.................. :clap:

11 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Feeling old anybody? :clif:

A mere sprog young Martian, lots of light years in you yet

Kev

• Like 2

4 hours ago, longshanks said:

Now we're getting there.................. :clap:

A mere sprog young Martian, lots of light years in you yet

Kev

I did occur to me that as Martian years are longer than Earth years, I must be younger than all of you lot!

Martian

• Like 3

12 hours ago, limeypilot said:

And greener...

Ian

Well obviously!

11 hours ago, longshanks said:

and full of

and have got to have the last word.............  :thumbsup:

Kev

Naturally, my ray gun's word tends to be final for most people!

Anyhoo, in other news..........

Martian

• Like 2

.......In other news, I have managed to get the starboard aileron fettled to a better fit and glued to the airframe. Still not entirely happy with the appearance of the ailerons from above, I glued a .10 x .10 'thou strip of plastic to the rear edge of the wing and faired this in with Perfect Plastic Putty. Sanded smooth this give an impression of the recess that the aileron would fit into in real life.

I have raised the front of the cockpit opening by about half a mm thus getting close to a perfect fit with the replacement canopy. A test fit of the kit nose reveals that a bit more fairing in will be needed in this area. I may even try and see if I can get the Falcon glazing for the gondola to fit after all, although at this stage of proceedings, it may be a tad difficult to do. Rummaging through my late friend's spares collection, I did stumble across a Montex masking set for the Ju88 and it will be interesting to see if this can help wth the build in any way.

Elsewhere, I have boxed in the landing light recess on the port wing and added the wingtip lights. These still need to be polished but that can be done with the final preparation of the model for painting.

Thanks for looking

Martian

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, snapper_city said:

Looking good.

Thanks, the model seems to have got to that stage where a lot of work seems to be going into it for not much to show. Still, I only began this build a month ago and paint can't be too far off. This could almost end up by being a Blitzbau by Martian standards!

Martian

• Like 3