'Desert Rendevous, Libya 1942.' Finished 26/3

DaveJL

Cheers.

More done. A couple of hours saw the Chevy built up:

IMG_2575_zpslnm0o5a3.jpg

IMG_2576_zpsymf4iyxc.jpg

Went together with no fuss at all. I also added the rear twin Vickers mount to the jeep:

IMG_2577_zpsnmafq6t2.jpg

Just need to source something for the condenser pipe on the jeep then the vehicles are ready to be primed. I'm not going mad on the detailed painting on the chassis of both kits, as none of it will be seen and it will be nice and dusty anyway. The big jobs left all revolve around the amount of kit to be painted!

Also decided on going with just 4 figures, but more on this on the next update.

Dave

• Like 5

After a bit of a lull, i've got a bit more done, exclusively on the jeep. Added a condenser pipe from copper wire:

IMG_2754_zpsbhsak5y3.jpg

The jeep was then primed. I've seen many builds that have a rough and varied paint surface, so I gave it a coat of green, followed by brown and then sand. Once dry, I added some brown to break up the surface. Some kit was then added. Straps for the duffel bags were made from masking tape.

IMG_2760_zpscpjrvmcr.jpg

IMG_2761_zpsfcoqpvlv.jpg

IMG_2763_zpsct2z5t1r.jpg

IMG_2764_zps9tjvnadf.jpg

Still looks very clean, but i'm hoping once a wash is on, it will come to life.

More soon.

Dave

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Coming along nicely here, :yes:

Cheers.

Several hours done today. More dry brushing and kit added. More straps added to various bits of hanging kit. The MP40 is only set in as i'll need to adjust it when the figure goes in. The twin Vickers were added too, but the .50cal will remain off, again until the figure is placed.

IMG_2770_zps6pxfkh8l.jpg

fullsizeoutput_bfa_zpslirxebti.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bfb_zpsfb7rwvik.jpeg

IMG_2779_zpsv7ghykjj.jpg

IMG_2781_zpsjhcugjn7.jpg

Pictures aren't the best, but you get the idea! Once the wheels etc are added, i'll add a wash to bring out the details then plenty of pigment to top it off. 

More soon.

Dave

• Like 5

Couple more hours done today. Wheels were painted up and fitted. I painted one of the hubs in Olive drab just to mix it up a bit. The sand channel was fitted, with a bit of light pull cord used to replicate a rope. The jeep was then given a flat coat, camo net added and finally a heavy dusting of Humbrol and Tamiya pigments:

fullsizeoutput_bfd_zps5xqqoqo6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bfe_zpsn6kf68nj.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bff_zpsyymv84fg.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c00_zpss1m1vscp.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c01_zpslf73synq.jpeg

Will probably add some more 'sand' toward the end of the project. I'm quite happy with the way the jeep has turned out. I'll be moving onto the Chevy, then once that is done, i'll sort the figures.

More soon.

Dave

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, clive_t said:

That's looking really nice - I like how the wheels/tyres are looking

Thanks. The wheels were given a wash once painted, then topped off with plenty of pigment.

• Like 1

More progress over the weekend. The Chevy was painted and then all the kit added. 

IMG_2792_zpsumhsrq0g.jpg

IMG_2793_zpskqvqum9n.jpg

IMG_2794_zpslsqsnzs9.jpg

IMG_2795_zpsfygajrrs.jpg

Just about run out of room for kit in the back! Needs a gloss coat and a wash to bring out some of the finer details before a good seeing to with the weathering powders. Also made an addition to the jeep:

IMG_2790_zps2s2vpbto.jpg

IMG_2791_zpsjmkdzmic.jpg

A 'captured' MG34 for the driver.

More soon.

Dave

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

If the Chevy comes out as good as the Jeep, you'll be doing fine. Keep it up.

John. 

Cheers.

The Chevy was given a gloss coat, decals, wash, flat coat and then a seeing to with the pigments. Wheels were then added and I popped in the Boys AT rifle as I thought it looked good!

DSCF1244_zps7pdsrq9p.jpg

DSCF1245_zpssz3vvhas.jpg

DSCF1246_zpszoggb5pz.jpg

DSCF1247_zpsakltceqm.jpg

DSCF1248_zpsp3d0cdsm.jpg

The weathering was done with a mixture of dry brushing, washes, and pigments. Beside the jeep:

DSCF1249_zpshourqvm8.jpg

DSCF1250_zpsvhbmyslq.jpg

Just need to add the steering wheel to the Chevy, though this will be done once the driver is fitted. Figures next!

Dave

• Like 5