Ferrari F2007 (Revell 1:24)

Such is my appetite for modelling at the minute, I don't think the GB's I've entered are going to be enough for me. I've therefore decided to start a WIP for the F2007 which has been calling to me for quite some time now. Just to set expectations, I plan to dip in and out of the build over the coming months and it may even turn out to be a KUTA subject. 

Anyhow, the kit came with some aftermarket decals and I originally wanted to use the 'Marlboro' wording. However, I've decided to build the Kimi / Brazil configuration which, as many of you will be aware, was the 2007 winning combination in what was a 3-way down-to-the-wire battle for the Championship. Hence, I'll have to settle for the 'bar codes'

32291190150_c1346bd25f_o.jpg

32291191110_2ed16fc370_o.jpg

32548139951_9ddc7b552e_o.jpg

32670181705_a2d69e6333_o.jpg

The decals look like a project of their own!! :worry:

32670182655_1c946f7b6c_o.jpg

I have this kit to build yet, but I went to Hiroboy for their matched paints. Have a look here for the 'right' shade of Ferrari red. For the F2007 they provide a two coat solution to the candy apple appearance. 

http://www.hiroboy.com/FerrariMaserati_Paints_60ml--product--985.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parabat said:

I have this kit to build yet, but I went to Hiroboy for their matched paints. Have a look here for the 'right' shade of Ferrari red. For the F2007 they provide a two coat solution to the candy apple appearance. 

http://www.hiroboy.com/FerrariMaserati_Paints_60ml--product--985.html

Thanks Parabat. I had planned to use the Hiroboy paint for the exterior but I'm now scratching my head re. the interior.

2 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Thanks Parabat. I had planned to use the Hiroboy paint for the exterior but I'm now scratching my head re. the interior.

Ah! I did not read into it that thoroughly! Let me know when you solve that then!

13 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Shaun, Er, I've just learned that they used Cherry Red on the interior :facepalm:

So I have to admit, not a clue yet?  :think:

Cheers

Nigel

Sorry I ment on the car not in. Damn auto correct on this phone is really starting to annoy me.

Shaun 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shood23 said:

Sorry I ment on the car not in. Damn auto correct on this phone is really starting to annoy me.

Shaun

Haha - No worries Shaun. I do it all the time when trying to type on my phone!

Definitely Zero paint for the exterior. Hiroboy do the specific colour for the F2007 - Rosso Formula 1 2007 - 2008 (2 coat metallic)  :)

Nigel

Looking forward to seeing this one progress, I have one of these myself (it was originally given to my son a birthday present but he couldn't be bothered) and was 95% complete when I applied to much pressure trying to put the rear wheels on and broke the rear suspension.

It's a fun build and I went with the Marlboro decals but unlike yourself wasn't overly bothered which race I wanted or getting the red right (if memory serves me right I went with Tamiya TS8 on a black undercoat, although I have heard some people use a gold undercoat) but the Zero will obviously be much better. The CF and silver line decals were a bit of a pig but I wasn't using Micro Sol then.

WP_20150710_001_zpsxjafleci.jpg

You can see in the background I wanted Kimi getting out of the car but couldn't find the decals in 1/24 scale.

Regards

John

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hugh Jampton said:

Nigel

Looking forward to seeing this one progress, I have one of these myself (it was originally given to my son a birthday present but he couldn't be bothered) and was 95% complete when I applied to much pressure trying to put the rear wheels on and broke the rear suspension.

It's a fun build and I went with the Marlboro decals but unlike yourself wasn't overly bothered which race I wanted or getting the red right (if memory serves me right I went with Tamiya TS8 on a black undercoat, although I have heard some people use a gold undercoat) but the Zero will obviously be much better. The CF and silver line decals were a bit of a pig but I wasn't using Micro Sol then.

You can see in the background I wanted Kimi getting out of the car but couldn't find the decals in 1/24 scale.

Regards

John

Hi John,

What a shame about your build. Must have been so frustrating :( Is it not slavagable? Would be great to see it completed!!

Your paint job looks great. I was tempted to go with Tamiya paint as I find it easy to work with. However, I've heard so many good things about Zero paints, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to give them a go. Time will tell :unsure: 

Cheers

• Like 1

OK, So I'm out of the blocks with the block! :lol:

However, none of this will be seen so I'm a tad unsure why some of the parts are even included :hmmm: 

Anyhow, here it is. It will receive a quick coat of 'Metal' paint and then it's on with the chassis.

32321945100_5907d9fcdc_o.jpg

Hiding details on a hidden engine :nuts:

32578855561_41dff71fee_o.jpg

• Like 2

I thought I'd remove the parts from the sprue for the suspension and was pulled into a modification. The instructions for the front (Step 8) are as follows:

32669592966_534b633e7f_o.jpg

However, this means it's nigh on impossible to make the front end look clean and it would result in gaps (as can be seen by the filler below)

32669365216_f6a9f2a353_o.jpg

Hence, I've split the upper assembly into two which will allow me to fill and spray the nose as a whole................

32669365856_96b856f7fe_o.jpg

..........and then fit the wishbones afterwards (dry fitted for photo) :) 

32669365366_b20c0408e8_o.jpg

Not sure if I need to do similar to the rear yet. I'll take a look tomorrow :yawn: 

On 2/5/2017 at 9:13 AM, shood23 said:

Great job Wimbledon, I can't for the life of me figure out why revell thought it would be a good idea to make the front suspension like this on most of the f1 cars they did. 

Shaun

Shame really - It would save a lot of work if they'd thought about it :( 

Anyhow - talking of that work. Here's how it looks after the first fill, rub and primer. Needs more work!   :unamused:

31966169324_74fd889e2d_o.jpg

31966170014_85e47ec9a8_o.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not having a lot of luck lately! :rant:

Following the decal nightmare on my Phantom, we had a small visitor yesterday (whilst I was at work) who managed to access my den and 'play' with the 'racing car' in the garden!! Lots of missing / damaged parts so this is in the crusher.

Just glad the tools weren't in reach!

Oh well, I'm now on the lookout for a replacement - Possibly a Tamiya kit this time.

Cheers

1 hour ago, shood23 said:

Oh no bad times, but at least the little one had fun with the racing car though 

Shaun 

Hi Shaun, I have to admit that I did see the funny side after a few choice words ;) 

Hi Nigel. I must admit to being really sorry on two counts. Firstly - I had been wondering what you had been up to since the Phantom and forgot you do some models in the vehicle section and secondly, when I do finally make a tardy appearance, I'm too late and it's all over........and not in a good way!! I think some heavy duty locks on the den door may be in order.

Can I ask, in future, that you drop me some hints as to where you're building your next project? This place is so big I frequently get lost!

Hope you and yours have a great Easter weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

19 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. I must admit to being really sorry on two counts. Firstly - I had been wondering what you had been up to since the Phantom and forgot you do some models in the vehicle section and secondly, when I do finally make a tardy appearance, I'm too late and it's all over........and not in a good way!! I think some heavy duty locks on the den door may be in order.

Can I ask, in future, that you drop me some hints as to where you're building your next project? This place is so big I frequently get lost!

Hope you and yours have a great Easter weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

No need to apologise and I will indeed let you know. Nice to know you want to tag along :)

Would you believe I picked up another model that was half complete from some time ago and that too suffered an issue :angry:  Oh well, they say things come in threes so hopefully that my fill for a while :fingerscrossed:

My next build will be on the 'Russia' GB in a couple of weeks and I guessing you'll be there too.

Happy Easter to you and yours too

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1