'Don't Look Up'

Been working on this for a while now. Things are still not glued down yet, as I am still playing around with the placements. Some weathering here and there in certain places but pretty much done.  Again, the figures(for those who remember) are from my old diorama. Nothing new here. My skills have not gotten better as the figures were left the same as before. I have others that I will practice on. Haven't had much time to practice on my skills in that area yet. The theme is basically the same as on the previous diorama(that got dismantled), So I hope you like this one. Again, I wanted something smaller and I think this would do it. My apologies for the bad pics. I think, I have to start using my Canon camera and switch to LEDs. 

contain13_zpslhvxpzrq.jpg
contain11_zpsxrxgea3g.jpg
contain9a_zpsovv0qqq7.jpg
contain9_zpszvukql5f.jpg
contain8_zpsyj8cncq6.jpg
contain8a_zpsr2lhishg.jpg
contain7_zpsyurdwqid.jpg
contain6_zpszjchz7jn.jpg
contain5_zpsbwipwbk2.jpg
contain4_zpshls6isf1.jpg
contain3_zpsd76wfy0a.jpg
contain_zps4fp1kbkp.jpg
contain10_zpsradomnjs.jpg
contain12_zpsmny1qsnw.jpg
contain2_zpsmmr1qp09.jpg

Edited by tiking
Change of title
  • Like 32

The simple attention to the smaller yet everyday items such as crates, graffiti and litter bring out something special. I wouldn't worry about Fanta decals. You don't need them. And anyway, Fanta is rotten. Ask any dentist.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Superb.  Love the guy looking round the corner.  His pose allows you to get inside what he is feeling at that moment.

You have the rubbish/garbage/ details on building and all the rest just spot on.  Only thing missing I would venture is the smell !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John_W said:

Stunning.

The only thing I would say, is those white plastic chairs are too clean

; o )

The occupants probably had to get rid of the last ones because they had been thrown out. So they got second hands one. They are weathered. Just hard to tell in these pics. Will take better pics later.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2017 at 5:57 AM, John_W said:

I suppose in hot climates they don't get that green fuzz we get in the uk.

They tend to turn a chalky off-white and get rather fragile. Huge laughs when one collapses under a half drunk party guest.

• Like 2

On 2017-02-21 at 8:57 PM, John_W said:

I suppose in hot climates they don't get that green fuzz we get in the uk.

Not sure but they usually get really dirty depending if they are outside or in.

11 hours ago, Rob G said:

They tend to turn a chalky off-white and get rather fragile. Huge laughs when one collapses under a half drunk party guest.

I bet. haha!

On 2/21/2017 at 6:48 PM, tiking said:

Thank you all. I might re-position the figures to the front of the building as utilize the space better. I also need a figure for the roof or balcony. Any ideas on the type of figure?

How about an insurgent peering over the roof?

14 hours ago, tiking said:

I had considered that. Do you have a link or name brand of a figure that will fit the bill?

Hi tiking,

That really is one wonderful diorama; the more I look the more I appreciate the extraordinary detail....:yes:

For additional figures, how about this set on the roof?

MAIM35114.jpg

And perhaps this guy on the right-hand-end of the balcony, oblivious to the presence of the good guys at street level?

MAIM35112.jpg

Fields of Glory have them in stock at a reasonable price, and these two links ought to work.

http://www.fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/135-scale-ambush---rpg-attack-2-figures-7495-p.asp

http://www.fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/taliban-insurgent-with-ak47--135-scale-7494-p.asp

Edited by Cadman
sppelin'
  • Like 1

On 2017-02-25 at 5:21 AM, Cadman said:

Hi tiking,

That really is one wonderful diorama; the more I look the more I appreciate the extraordinary detail....:yes:

For additional figures, how about this set on the roof?

MAIM35114.jpg

And perhaps this guy on the right-hand-end of the balcony, oblivious to the presence of the good guys at street level?

MAIM35112.jpg

Fields of Glory have them in stock at a reasonable price, and these two links ought to work.

http://www.fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/135-scale-ambush---rpg-attack-2-figures-7495-p.asp

http://www.fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/taliban-insurgent-with-ak47--135-scale-7494-p.asp

Fabulous Cadman. -thank you kindly. Those first figures look perfect. much appreciated. :)