Tamiya 1/72 bf-109

Got this done late last night but I'm sure there will be a couple of bits I missed that I'll return to but it's "finished". Superb kit from Tamiya fit like a dream and very impressive detail at this scale. The build is OOB with only a couple strips of newspaper for seat belts and the girlfriends hair for Arieal wire (horrendously fiddly may I add). Very enjoyable πŸ‘πŸ»

image_zpsuag5gcdh.jpegimage_zpsnk9vsnyw.jpegimage_zps8rqmrtsd.jpeg

• Like 20

Nice indeed

Β 

lovely version with some super preshade and panel lines

Β 

great that your girlfriend participates in the hobby πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Ž

Β 

cheers

Β 

• Like 1

Thanks guys! And yes hair holds paint and glues down very nicely. When I asked her to lean her head toward me she thought she was getting a nice kiss so you canΒ imagine the horror on her face when I pulled one of her hairs outΒ :D. She then shouted why the hell didn't you just get one out my hair brush! Makes sense I supposeΒ :smirk:

• Like 2

In the hair brush or on the shower tub, far less risky.

You are Lucky enough to have a very understanding girlfriend^_^

Should I try the half of this one....

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

Very nice looking 109.

Β 

I use to use hair for aerial wires, until I realise that it's effected by humidity, so depending on what time of year I fixed it in place it couldΒ end up goingΒ slack at a later point.Β 

• Like 2

That's a nice 109. I use stretched sprue for my wires - works a treat when tightened up with a little re-heat once set.

Β 

Now, bad news I'm afraid. 109 canopies were hinged on theΒ starboard side. Hopefully a simple fix.

Β 

Cheers, Matt

• Like 1

A very smart looking '109 with some great weathering.Β  I'm no expert of this type but I think the Airfix kit looks a little too 'blunt' at the front of the cowling whereas this Tamiya kit looks spot on.Β 

• Like 1

I agree there's a few small details (and a few that lack) on the air fix kit that are not quite right,although it's still a very nice kit the Tamiya is something else so easy to put together that you can get it built and ready to paint in just a handful of hours and the detail is superb for this scale. I'm going to build a couple of these in different finishes so I must like it!

• Like 1

On β€Ž02β€Ž/β€Ž02β€Ž/β€Ž2017 at 14:10, Richwade said:

Thank you buddy and yes I never thought of that so will keep an eye on it thanks I tried stretched spru but trying to get it to that scale was a nightmare so will keep practicing!Β 

Β 

Hello Rich,

Try EZ line from Berkshire junction, I really get glued to this products since I've tried it.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

RIchwade,

Β 

SUPER Β build and fantastic work.Β 

Β 

:penguin:...

Β 

Β 

Β 

as for the hair. good idea at the time but it will lose its elasticity and fiber and so will begin to droop and you will have to read do the rigging.Β 

Β 

sorry to spoil your Joy.:crying:

Β 

it's Β all Β about chemistry !:emo:

Edited by HOUSTON
  • Like 1

Thank you for your kind words you lot! And the suggestions I'll look into them all as I will be building a lot more war time aircraft so wiring will be involved on probably all of them! So want to find a consistently good "product"Β 

cheersΒ 

rich

12 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Rich,

Try EZ line from Berkshire junction, I really get glued to this products since I've tried it.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Cheers mate! I'll take a look πŸ‘πŸ»

9 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

RIchwade,

Β 

This should Β be helpful for you.

Β 

have a peek.... Β :think:

Β 

Β 

Easier biplane rigging - Work in Progress - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/67770-easier-biplane-rigging/

Β 

Β 

:phew:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Thank you! I have some thread just thought it looked a little on the thick side but suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.

cheersΒ 

rich

On 02/02/2017 at 1:10 PM, Richwade said:

Thank you buddy and yes I never thought of that so will keep an eye on it thanks I tried stretched spru but trying to get it to that scale was a nightmare so will keep practicing!Β 

Β 

Β 

A couple of thoughts for aerials or rigging .....

Β 

EZ line as already mentioned.Β  Uschi van der Rosten thread; like EZ line but round section and in different thicknesses.

Β 

If you want to try doing your own then try stretching the shafts of cotton buds instead of sprue.Β  You can get it extremely fine or actually make turnbuckle sleeves from it as it is hollow.Β  I got that idea from Redboost (Libor Jekl).

Β 

Oh yes, and that's a cracking '109 by the way!

• Like 1