Nuremburg 2017

NPL

It's interesting that at this time of the year, with only one week to the Nuremberg 2017 toy fair, almost nothing has appeared. Normally there would have been a lot of speculations, but hopefully we will see more than the five odd Airfix offerings and reissues from Revell and other major compagnies. Or another sign of the marginalization of our hobby?

Or maybe there is simply little to hope for!

• Like 1

Expect news from Italeri, Special Hobby, Fly, Ark Models, RS Model, Dragon, Brengun/Hauler, KP/AZ Model etc.

V.P.

Updates:

Italeri programme 2017-2018:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235015790-news-italeri-2017/

Special Hobby programme 2017-2018:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235016099-novelties-from-special-hobby/

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Expect news from Italeri, Special Hobby, Fly, Ark Models, RS Model, Dragon, Brengun/Hauler, KP/AZ Model etc.

V.P.

Perhaps Revell too...   I stand to be corrected but I think that so far they have only announced first quarter 2017.

2 hours ago, Denford said:

Perhaps Revell too...   I stand to be corrected but I think that so far they have only announced first quarter 2017.

No, they have made their complete 2017 announcements, though there will probably be an autumn supplement as per usual.

There's a list of Tamiya models on the usually reliable Tamiyablog:

http://tamiyablog.com/2017/01/upcoming-tamiya-static-kits-to-be-presented-at-nuremberg-toy-fair-2017/

Including the very exciting "16042 1/6 Honda CRF 1000L Africa Twin" :):)

The samurai sound interesting too.

Will

27 minutes ago, Will Vale said:

Including the very exciting "16042 1/6 Honda CRF 1000L Africa Twin" :):)

The samurai sound interesting too.

Will

Well, I am sure it's exciting to someone. I, personally, am looking forward to 70226 Water Scooter. Not. :P

I think the Samurai sets are re-issues, but cool either way. :penguin:

7 hours ago, Redboost said:

Brengun 1/72 A-36 Apache.

Thanks, Libor - I was hoping they'd follow the Yak-1 with a Yak-1b, or another VVS type (perhaps I-16 type 5 or 10), but the Allison-powered Mustangs are always interesting, too! :thumbsup:

John

9 hours ago, gunpowder17 said:

Thats a strange choice but good news anyway. Shame its not the old africa twin but hey ho

Yeah I know what you mean, although I suspect the new one will look good in the right scheme - the white/red/blue is a bit fragmented over all the faux-stealthy bodywork.

I'm just excited that the big bikes line is being extended. The Fat Boy is an amazing kit.

Will

Why marginalization ? When i look here or others modelers web i saw every week another and another news... Maybe is marginalisation in Europe Companies only, but in Asia are many agile companies and makes  still news and atractive kits...For example:AMK, Meng.Takom, Kinetic.GWH etc... Why do you think our hobby is marginalised ? Japanese, Taiwanese and Chinese companies have their Shizuoka Model Fair in Summer, not ? I excepted a new 1/32 fighter from Tamiya in late Summer (probably Thunderbolt or Hellcat), quarter scale Ki-61 "Tony" was released quickly on end of last year - after 1/48 "Tomcat". No, our hobby really isn´t marginalised :) In last year i bought a new tool 1/72 Spitfire Mk. IX from Eduard, two big CZAF thematic L.E., two WW I landships (A7V and Tank Mark I), Heavy Military Equippment and Armor(M1070,M1A2 Tusk, T-14 Armata, D9R "Doobi" SLAT and Beute T-34/76, and last month D9R with SLAT and Handley Page Victor from Airfix.)My Wallet cry :D:D:D And on sight is Camel from Wingnut...On final  approach to hobby shops and e-shops are (i hope !) 1/72 C-17(My Dream) and new tool US Heavies (B-52G/H, B-2) and B-1 (But i have 1/48 Bone, i ignored smallest stuff).  Annnd in 1/350 i haven´t  Ark Royal and waiting for HMS Rodney in this scale :D We live in Golden Times of scale modelling, i think ! Too many nice kits and too few Moneys !

• Like 5

AMK, Meng, Takom, Kinetic, GWH, Eduard and Wingnut Wings are all enthusiast brands catering to serious modellers.  Most aren't even available in local model shops, let alone in mass retailers.  You need to know what you're looking for, in order to look for them.  The fact that they exist, and that they are where the most vitality is in this hobby, underscores the fact that it has gone from a mainstream, standard pastime for kids and grownups, to a niche hobby for diehard enthusiasts.  Sure, there are more new releases than ever, but that's because manufacturing costs have plummeted, not because there are significantly more modellers.  Kids aren't rushing to their local newsagents with pocket money anymore. 

Ironically, parts of the hobby actually ARE thriving - Gundam is huge, and Warhammer still does decent business.  But most 'real' modellers shun those genres rather than extending an olive branch to expand the hobby.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daniele0865 said:

I suspect the Special Hobby 1:72 Sea Vixen FAW Mk. I/II is just the old MPM/Xtrakit effort, but wouldn't it be nice if it were a new tool, and finally got the shape right?

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

Not on the list but visible in background of one of the pictures (and on their website), Heller are re-issuing  the E-3B AWACS (does not appear to include the CFM engines for RAF Sentry option though).

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2017/Bilder_VH/Heller_2017_05.htm

http://www.heller.fr/en/home/498-boeing-e-3b-awacs.html

Colin

On 31/01/2017 at 0:13 PM, Paul Bradley said:

I think the Samurai sets are re-issues, but cool either way. :penguin:

Wow, that's a blast from the past, must be nearly forty years old.  Twelve of the 47 Ronin (that's from Japanese history, not Hollywood) IIRC.