1/6 Tamiya Africa Twin (2016 ver)

Will Vale

Hi folks,

I posted the general scale model stuff in the Rumourmonger already, but Tamiya blog has some pictures of a new sixth-scale release:

http://tamiyablog.com/2017/02/new-tamiya-static-kit-releases-at-nuremberg-toy-fair-spielwarenmesse-2017/tamiya-nuremberg-2017-04-4/

It's weird seeing the hypermodern stealth look on something that's not a crotch rocket road bike, but I rather like it. The kit has plastic spokes, but they look rather well done, and minimal chromed parts (yay!)

They're also doing a link-by-link 1/6 bike chain which appears to have plastic rollers and pins with etched links.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

Thankfully they provide a nice sensible moulded chain in the kit - apparently the moving one is a detail set. FWIW I thought the moulded chain in the YZ250 painted up really well :)

(...but all those little etched bits look cool...)

W

Just had a quick scan at the Tamiya Nuremberg releases. I noted a couple of 1/12 reissued bikes, YZR500 GP RACER and Suzuki GSX750 Police version. Also spotted a new vehicle release 1/24 Mitsubishi Montero 4x4 Wagon.

The same site also showed the fork sub assembly for the Africa twin, can you believe the size of those spanners! I'm surprised there is no bottle of fork oil too.

• Like 1

I haven't seen any Japanese prices and it's not on the usual sites yet so it's hard to guess. I would hope being a smaller bike it's similar to or perhaps a little bit cheaper than the Fat Boy Lo?

Will