Pas Models 1/144 Antonov An-32

Darren Rhodes

Hi all, 

There really is no hope for me and my ever growing stash! In January I added the F-Rsin A300-600 (Monarch Airlines), a Welsh Models Bombardier CRJ-200 and now this Pas Models 1/144 Antonov An-32.  I've loved the An-32 since being a kid, the engines look so out of proportion with rest of the aircraft, it looks a bit bonkers, so I thought I'd share some photos of the kit. 

Regards,

Darren 

31842622123_1e12fe196a_h.jpg

32532497251_6317d9f57e_h.jpg

32614282596_66e72d086e_c.jpg

32614289486_6caa4b5a09_h.jpg

32614299846_2ab2817563_h.jpg

32655002045_8a342a90ab_b.jpg

Thanks for sharing Darren.  I'm a fan of PAS kits (and even more so of Rus-Air) and this looks really nice although I'm not sure I fancy the separate propeller blades.  Are you going to build it or just take it out of your stash and fondle it occasionally?  

• Like 1

Hi Skodadriver, can't quite figure out how sarcastic you're being, that's sometimes the problem with this Internet forum thing! ;-) 

Hah, I joke, of course I plan to build this! I plan to build everything I buy! The problem is, I'm still buying at at a rate 3 times that I build at, so the omens are not good that I will get round to building everything I buy. :-(  But I could be persuaded to accelerate this up my build list.  I've already decided it has to be the first decal option, with a USSR registration and flag, proper Soviet.  Should look good alongside a planned Yak-40, -42, Tu-134, -154 and Il-62. Still need to get an Il-18 too and I fancy a Tu-124...   no will power and may even an Il-76 is Zvezda get around to producing one. 

I rushed posting the photos last night, but the resin looks well cast, not much clean up required for the fuselage. I'm hoping the propeller blades will just slot into the hubs and self-align, famous last words! Decals are laser printed, and finely printed in register, however, the decal paper looks a tad thick, but since they apply mostly to flat surfaces, I'm hoping they will not be too much trouble.

On the subject of building this, I was tempted to consider vacforming the fuselage windows, but since the cockpit windows are not represented and it is 1/144, I think I will fill them and decal and paint the blistered fuselage windows.  Anyone have any idea as to match for the Aeroflot light grey? 

Darren

• Like 1

That's an impressive list of planned builds!  I strongly recommend the Rus-Air Yak 42, one of the nicest kits I've ever built.  I also got a decent result from the ICM IL-62M.  Although it's not in the same class as Zvezda when it comes to detail and moulding finesse it doesn't have the dropped flaps and is generally a much easier build.  I have an AWM Yak-40 in my own stash.  I haven't started it yet but it looks really nice in the box and it's in a different league from the Amodel version.

Not sure about Aeroflot light grey but I used Halfords Racking Grey on the Il-62M if that's any help

Happy building :)

• Like 1

Darren welcome to the club!

I also plan to build "ALL" my models, I just need another lifetime to do so.

And why do I keep buying kits?  Cause I can! ;)

PAS models are indeed very nice, I do not have the AN-32 "yet" but I love the PAS TU-114.

On my last visit to Moscow, Andrey personally deliver several modes to my hotel.

Talk about great customer care!!!

Walter

• Like 1

Thanks Skodadriver and Walter, sounds like we all have the same problems!  I forgot to add to my Aeroflot list, a Welsh Models vacform Tu-114, which I actually started preparing all the parts for over Christmas.  And then, digressing slightly, but it is my thread after all, have a Pas Models Ilyushin IL-96-300.  However, it had an argument with someone or something during shipping to the UK.  Box:

32548568241_a02341f6f2_h.jpg

That might not look too bad, but the fuselage halves experienced serious damage... :yikes:

32548577161_43450c176d_h.jpg

Fear not! I think it is salvageable! My current plan is to use fuselage sections from a Zvezda IL-86 to replace the damaged and missing sections.  Incredibly the wings, tailplanes and engines were completely unscathed. 

Darren

2 hours ago, Darren Rhodes said:

Thanks Skodadriver and Walter, sounds like we all have the same problems!

That might not look too bad, but the fuselage halves experienced serious damage... :yikes:

Fear not! I think it is salvageable!

Darren

You can add my name to this list of accidental collectors as well Fellas.

Best of luck with the Il-96 from me as well

Chris.