Each to their own...

roymattblack

Call me somewhat biased, but I would hazard a guess that the market for this will have trouble hitting single figures.....?

But - for all I know - this may be a "cult favourite" in the market it's aimed at. Who knows?

Chris. 

5 hours ago, roymattblack said:

The Mk 1 Lotus Cortina would be good...

One of my all-time favourite cars...

We had a 1200 deluxe in 1966, not quite the same.

If someone did a 1/8th Lotus Cortina, I'd be on it like a shot...

2 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Call me somewhat biased, but I would hazard a guess that the market for this will have trouble hitting single figures.....?

But - for all I know - this may be a "cult favourite" in the market it's aimed at. Who knows?

Chris. 

I might actually consider buying this...so I might be the one that rack's up the single figure sale!

I haven't built many car models, mainly because I'm just not interested in Ferraris, Porches. F1 cars etc. I would happily build what I call "Bread and Butter" cars, just like this. I just like the ordinary stuff and sports cars don't interest me much. Must explain why I bought four re-released Esci Transits. If more of these old boring classic were released, I would buy them as these are the cars I remember being on the road as a kid....so yes! I would buy a baby vomit green Marina if someone were mad enough to release it. (can't afford the prices for the old Airfix kit! Shame, as my Dad had an orange one that I treated like the General Lee and insisted on entering it through the window!)

So, if I was mad enough to buy it, would there be any interest in a build thread? :D

Best regards;

Steve

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

So, if I was mad enough to buy it, would there be any interest in a build thread?

I'd be interested for sure. 

Does the model come with a 1/8th starter kit, toolbox and leather gloves for push-starts under wintry circumstances?

7 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

Does the model come with a 1/8th starter kit, toolbox and leather gloves for push-starts under wintry circumstances?

...And hopefully a plentiful supply of plugs, plug leads and rotor arms that will constantly need replaced. And I want windows covered in condensation that forever refuses to clear.

Just contacted Eaglemoss by the way....

Best regards;

Steve

Edited by fightersweep
  • Like 1