Stransky Bu-181 Bestmann

Not a company Id' of before but came across them in the overseas section at Telford. I know that Special Hobby has done one recently too but not sure how they compare.

This one goes together reasonably well but unfortunately doesn't include any form of engine and it's quite a sizeable hole in the nose. A quick search of the spares box resulted in a passable

representation tho' and as you can only see the first cylinder it looks convincing enough for me.

They were supplying  a masking set for the stripes and canopy (at extra cost now I believe?) and the only decals are the small stencils and serial number. The seatbelts are generic ones again from the spares box.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

IMG_9756.jpg

IMG_9757.jpg

IMG_9759.jpg

• Like 21

Just in the final stages of building mine, which I also purchased at Telford. I bought the Luftwaffe boxing though. They also do a set of masks for the camouflage which I've used.

Great job on yours. 👍

2 hours ago, ROBOT said:

Fantastic clean build ! What Scale is it ?! Thanks for sharing, Olli

Hi Olli, sorry, can't believe I didn't mention it....it's 1/48th scale. Can't remember how much it was either...about £15 i think?

Great built, I think you got it from me. I just got a delivery of the Panzerjagers and RAF/export Ski boxings, which include extra parts, masks and the Panzerjagers kit also has etch, limited edition of 300 of each I think (I only have 10 of each). Will get on my website soon.

Colin      

15 minutes ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

Great built, I think you got it from me. I just got a delivery of the Panzerjagers and RAF/export Ski boxings, which include extra parts, masks and the Panzerjagers kit also has etch, limited edition of 300 of each I think (I only have 10 of each). Will get on my website soon.

Colin      

Hi, I bought mine off you at Telford,  I'd definitely like to purchase the Panzerjagers boxing off you.

Tim.

19 minutes ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

Colin      

Hi Colin, Thank you. Yes indeed, Just looked at the floor plan again and that was certainly the area...I don't do German A/C but I might also make an exception for one of the Panzerjagers too....

On 2/1/2017 at 6:10 AM, John_W said:

Very nice.

I love the Swiss "Don't shoot we're neutral!" schemes.

Swiss invasion stripes!!!!
I do like the model though....fine job on the cockpit and open doors.....I must try something like this on a model, it really adds a bit of 'life'