Wessex HC.2 1/48

PhantomPhreakII

HI all,

As google isn't to kind to me (or maybe its the way I searchusing Google).. I'm resorting to using the minds on this forum. I have Model Alliance 48187, RAF Germany pt.II and want to build the wessex (HC.2 XR521/BK RAF Gütersloh)

I've found a few Wessex kits but have not been able to find the correct one (save for a very expensive resin kit).

Can anyone point me in the right (read KISS) solution?

Thanks

Harald

The Netherlands

It can be done, ( Wessex HC2)  though it takes a fair amount of work.  I think the italeri kit is the only 1/48 option in town and it's riddled with errors, inaccuracies, and pure poor fantasy.  I did my best and by build log lists most of them, but I still missed some of the inaccuracies 

Don't touch the resin kit - check out the build log in the current group builds section to see how bad it is. Noeyedears has done a great job with a real pigs ear of a kit

You'd be much better starting with the Fly kit if you are open to 1/32

• Like 1

Rotorcraft did a 1/48 Westland Wessex HC.2 Helicopter Resin Conversion set which is now part of Freightdog, they don't have it listed at the moment but will probably be back shortly, It comes with the correct fuselage, the right windows etc . I have one and it's very good. The Italeri Wessex HU.5 is the helicopter I would use. I believe that one on the issues with it is that the rear rotor is the wrong way round.

9 hours ago, PhantomPhreakII said:

What Italeri kit is the best to work with (fantasy or not)? The Hu.5?

yes, or the UH.5 as they labelled it!

Hendie, I hadn't realised that the kit is that bad?!

The tail rotor is the right way around on mine.

The HC.2 conversion set is here, http://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=57&products_id=1004&osCsid=qncwvunzokulfm

and what it looks like here, https://www.scalemates.com/kits/167822-rotorcraft-rc4807-westland-wessex-har-2-conversion