AdrianMF

Hello All,

I was riffling through a very old model box when I came across this:

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

From 1976-ish, the Airfix 95th Rifles figure, re-posed with sisal grass, Plastic Padding mud and a real tree trunk. Humbrol enamels throughout.

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

Edited by AdrianMF
  • Like 23

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nice job, I've not seen one of these before totally unaware airfix produced anything like this. :goodjob:

Ozzy there were about a dozen or so in the series ,King Kit often have them in stock though not as many as usual.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nice job, I've not seen one of these before totally unaware airfix produced anything like this. :goodjob:

Airfix did a fairly large range of 54 mm (1/32nd) figures, mostly Napoleonic

https://www.scalemates.com/search-solr.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q="Figures%2C+Napoleonic+Era+(1799–1815)"&fkSCALE[]="54mm"&fkCOMPNAME[]="Airfix"

I was surprised that they were not reissued for 2015 Waterloo 200th.

the others 'series' were American Revolution and English Civil War,  with a couple of random, Bengal  Lancer and French Legionnaire 1908.

They tied in with the traditional toy soldier scale (54mm) and the Historex Range.

With some  simple cross kitting, or sometimes even just minor detail changes or a new paint scheme there were many new options possible.

have a look at taster of what's possible here

Airfix then did their Multipose range, 1/32nd WW2 (Afrika Korps, 8th Army, US Marines, Japanese Infantry,  German Infantry, British Infantry and US Infantry)  which can also be cross kitted.

note that Airfix the Airfix 1/32nd "toy" soldier range is now done in a styrene as opposed to polyethelene,   so these can be used as well, some of these were really well sculpted.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235002739-australian-infantry-airfix-132nd/

I built a load of these 'back then'  but nowhere near as well as this...   neat job Adrian :)

cheers

T

PS I did a 95th Rifles with one leg each as well ;)

PPS one of modelling's minor tragedies was Tamiya settling on 1/35th  rather than 1/32nd for their armour and thus figure models

PPS Airfix did a Modelling Guide on figures, using mostly the Airfix range, note the 95th Rifleman at the front 

302200375.0.x.1.jpg

which I remember as being a decent book,  and  i still have, buried somewhere....

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

https://www.scalemates.com/search-solr.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q="Figures%2C+Napoleonic+Era+(1799–1815)"&fkSCALE[]="54mm"&fkCOMPNAME[]="Airfix"

the others 'series' were American Revolution and English Civil War,  with a couple of random, Bengal  Lancer and French Legionnaire 1908.

They tied in with the traditional toy soldier scale (54mm) and the Historex Range.

With some  simple cross kitting, or sometimes even just minor detail changes or a new paint scheme there were many new options possible.

Airfix then did their Multipose range, 1/32nd WW2 (Afrika Korps, 8th Army, US Marines, Japanese Infantry,  German Infantry, British Infantry and US Infantry)  which can also be cross kitted.

note that Airfix the Airfix 1/32nd "toy" soldier range is now done in a styrene as opposed to polyethelene,   so these can be used as well, some of these were really well sculpted.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235002739-australian-infantry-airfix-132nd/

I built a load of these 'back then'  but nowhere near as well as this...   neat job Adrian :)

cheers

T

PPS one of modelling's minor tragedies was Tamiya settling on 1/35th  rather than 1/32nd for their armour and thus figure models

PPS Airfix did a Modelling Guide on figures, using mostly the Airfix range, note the 95th Rifleman at the front 

302200375.0.x.1.jpg

which I remember as being a decent book,  and  i still have, buried somewhere....

Thanks Troy, There is a substantial 54mm list of kits I will keep an eye out, I knew airfix did the 1/32 kits as I had a couple of those sets when I was growing up.

cheers 

ozzy

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 31/01/2017 at 22:50, Troy Smith said:

cheers

T

302200375.0.x.1.jpg

Wow I've not seen this book in what 40 yrs oh my god, I should still have it some were.