Cheapest places to get paints from? (Revell aqua and Vallejo Model Air)

PeaTearGryphon

About to try and get into model building for the second time and only bits I need now are some more paints.

Cheapest I've found Revell aqua is £1.24 a pot which seems pretty good, Vallejo on the other hand I've not seen any prices that stand out apart from the weekly deals at creative models on the model air sets.

So where are the best prices you peeps have found?

Try scale model shop. Cheap and delivered in 2 days. You also get points for purchases which you can use to buy items on their site.

Rio

Edited by rio
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, PeaTearGryphon said:

About to try and get into model building for the second time and only bits I need now are some more paints.

Cheapest I've found Revell aqua is £1.24 a pot which seems pretty good, Vallejo on the other hand I've not seen any prices that stand out apart from the weekly deals at creative models on the model air sets.

So where are the best prices you peeps have found?

May I ask where you get Revell Aqua for £1.24.

Thanks

6 hours ago, PeaTearGryphon said:

Thanks for the information. My nearest model paint retailer is a Hobbeycraft, which is a 40-mile round trip or Amazon if I'm not in a hurry. They both charge £1.90 for Revell aqua and in the case of Amazon that's an 'add on price' meaning that £20 has to be spent to qualify.

4 hours ago, oggy4624 said:

I get my vallejo model air from amazon - there are many suppliers.

Thanks oggy. That's where I usually buy my Revell paint which I now see is probably overpriced. I've never used Vallejo so I'm not sure if the Amazon price is competitive.

• 1 year later...

So if I order say 10 vallejo paints, it doesnt matter which supplier they originate from? I wont get charged postage each time, do all orders go through Amazon? Please excuse my ignorance, but I am confused!

Has anyone found a supplier that will let you mix and match a bulk purchase of Vallejo? Personally I have not had much luck with Revel Aqua, the pigments are not very strong, so using water with a dash of fairy liquid (my trick) this paint does no blend and layer anything like Games Workshop or Vallejo paints, give them a try I think you be impressed, their metallic range are especially good, just make sure you change your brush water before using normal opaques! Games Workshop Boltgun metal, or Leadbelcher dried and with an after wash of black ink looks really great on metal pieces such as wheels, tracks, weapons etc.

Edited by blanco77

• 2 weeks later...