Deeds not Words

Looking very smart indeed.

Just one thing before you go any further - starboard wing - shouldnt that reddish area be in black? I could be wrong, but I only ever recall seeing it in black.

20 hours ago, SoftScience said:

What is this copydex you mentioned?

Copydex is a latex rubber adhesive available in the UK.  When applied to a plastic or metal surface it can be peeled off when dry and so makes an excellent masking medium.  The advantage is that it is much cheaper than purpose made masking fluid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Copydex-Multi-Use-Fabric-and-Home-Use-Bottle-Adhesive-500ml-/400948271676?hash=item5d5a611a3c:g:I-gAAOSwdGFY0G5Q

• 1 month later...

Okay, time for an update on these two.

I've been experimenting with spraying clear lacquer instead of Klear.  This seems to work and gives a very high gloss finish, which works well for the decals.

J013.jpg

H014.jpg

H015.jpg

• Like 1

And now, both jets up on their own wheels - although the Harrier is still a bit wobbly.  :)

J014.jpg

H016.jpg

The tyres need a few touchups.

The undercarriage legs were painted Light Admiralty Grey.  I sprayed them with Lifecolor UA027 Dark Ghost Grey, which provides the blue grey colour that I remember.

• Like 2

On 21/03/2017 at 09:30, RMP2 said:

Just one thing before you go any further - starboard wing - shouldnt that reddish area be in black? I could be wrong, but I only ever recall seeing it in black.

The dielectric panels were painted black, but they weathered to a dark brown.  Not quite as bright as I have it, so I'll probably do something to tone it down.

• Like 1