Meng Mk. V Male Tank

It is with reluctance that I'm finally posting the finished product. I started this as a change from my semi scratch build in my usual 'floaty thingy' forum.

I've never built a Meng kit or a tank for 20 plus years, thinking back I thought I was daring dry brushing LOL. I have nothing but praise for the kit, the detail and fit is truly amazing. As I've said else where if it doesn't fit you need to clean the paint off the joint or you've got the wrong part. :winkgrin:

That said the instructions could be a tad better but with patience this complex build could be be built by anyone with a couple of kits under their belt. Plus you can look at my pics or drop me a line.

So here we go ...........enjoy 

Contrary to most dioramas of WWI I've gone dry.  It was commanded by 2nd Lieutenant H. A. Whittenbury from 8th to 10th August, in support of 4th Australian Division south of the Somme, for which Whittenbury won a Military Cross. So its based on a village square just prior to the battle. Due to reliability issues it wont have gone far under its own power, so its collect some mud which has since dried out. Surely in August they must have had some dry weather.

P1040591%20Copy_zpsyo843uj1.jpg

P1040581%20Copy_zpshvknfw3e.jpg

P1040583%20Copy_zpsopcj74a1.jpg

P1040584%20Copy_zpsypsf8hlu.jpg
P1040592%20Copy_zpsljo876pm.jpg

P1040600%20Copy_zpsdi7weunp.jpg

P1040602%20Copy_zpsudxxh15b.jpg

P1040537%20Copy_zps9ol84ygs.jpg

Thanks for looking in, your comments, critique and thoughts welcome

Kev

• Like 24

Amazing build. Meng kits are known for excellent details and yours is a good example.

While its not a naval build the gun arrangement in the side sponses of this tank reminds me to the secondary gun installations of warships at that time.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys for your kind comments...

19 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

perfect in all details

Not really but we wont tell anyone eh! :winkgrin:

18 hours ago, Dads203 said:

A trip to the dark side has really paid off mate

With a lot of help from friends :thumbsup2: 

15 hours ago, paul178 said:

but does it float?

I very much doubt it, some numpty left the side off. I can take a hint it's back to MGB568........

1 hour ago, BerndM said:

While its not a naval build the gun arrangement in the side sponses of this tank reminds me to the secondary gun installations of warships at that time.

I certainly does, I'm fairly sure the QF 57mm 6pdr Hotchkiss was designed for shipboard use and adapted for use by the army and still being used in WWII

Cheers Kev

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

I couldn't resist turning it into a period snap Kev, hope you forgive me here

Looks brilliant, thanks Julian.

:hmmm:I always thought he looked rather pensive....  perhaps he's hung over

Yu could have added a bottle for him :rolleyes:

Kev

PS Hope you feeling better soon, I prescribe plenty of Hot Toddies. Don't know about the science but they make you feel better

Kev 

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:43 PM, RichO said:

The sepia photos are really nice

Glad you like I was pleased though I have to admit Gremlin56 version is better.

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:56 PM, HL-10 said:

got me inspired to get it built

Go for it, you'll enjoy it

20 hours ago, Darby said:

track scratches

Glad someone spotted it :thumbsup2: Dead easy to do, cut a template from some thin card and stippled it with Off White paint.

Thank you all for your kind comments

Kev