(Parody) Airfix 2018 Range!

Crossiant Oliver

for  Here at airfix/humbrol, we strive for the best experience for the modeller. That's why we have unveiled our new 2018 Range!

New Toolings!

1/24 P-40E- Its just a resized version of the old 1/72 kit, so get ready for lots of fun painting giant, oversized Rivets and 1960s era cockpit detail for hours! - $59.99

1/72 Hawker Mosquitofire mk. 247- due to poor research, our new tool is a mashup of the greatest British planes! Has paint job for Mosquitofire mk 247, 15th Albania Squadron, Rcnzaaf, October 1875.- $15.99

Introcducing a new starter set: Spitfire mk 1 "charred remains!" Now children beginning a fun hobby can finally make their favorite charred plane in 1/72 scale, with poly cement, and three paints: Coal Black, Fire red and Orange red! Comes with pilot, who voulenteered  to fight, be burnt to a crisp! - $8.99

New Humbrol Products!

Humbrol 305, Throw up. Show your pilot throwing up all over the cockpit after either motion sickness or being shot!- $2.99

Humrbol Acrylic Cleaner- We have discovered a special natural formula that can easily clean acrylic paint. They call it: Water. Now in 15oz cup as well!- $10.99

We hope you enjoyed our 2018 Preview, and hope for you to have many fun hours of modeling! Remember, at airfix, our motto is: "Who gives a poo-poo about the customer!"

• Like 1

Airfix's 1/48th Mosquitos don't have fins that are a scale foot too tall, unlike Tamiya's, and Airfix's 1/48th Spitfires don't have wings a scale foot too short, like Monogram's Spitfire II.

How close is that first post to trolling do we think?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, spaddad said:

That's close to being  the weirdest post I've read in the last ten years! Vino & late night messaging????????

He's 14, so I think it's more that awkward phase we all go through of trying to develop a sense of humour and wondering why few people under 30 are very funny.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

"Who gives a poo-poo about the customer!"

Well, whether this is a parody (most probably) or not, I for one have had a great customer service experience from Airfix.

-Does your 1:72 Harrier Gr3 kit lack half of a gun-pod? Well, Airfix spares dept. kindly sent me a replacement part for free!

-Did you want your paints delivered quickly so that you don't have to wait to start a project? Well, I ordered the paints on a Thursday evening and they turned up early on the Saturday morning- plus they came with (note that this was a few years ago) Olympic 2012 key-rings too (which was a jolly nice touch!)

-Did you have your fingers crossed for some Cold War kits to be released in 1:72 scale? I certainly did! ... :P eg: Shackleton, Victor, Phantom

-Did you have your fingers crossed for a new-tool 1:72 Avro Vulcan? Well, ........ so did I.... there's still hope..... ;)

You get the idea, I don't think Airfix are doing that badly at all,

p.s. I may have just over-analysed something which probably didn't need to be analysed...  hey I could become a political commentator :D

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

How about Airfix producing a model of a modern Major General?

Very good, Graham.  You get my vote for best comment of the day.  However being Airfix, just a model of a modern Major General won't be good enough.  It had better be THE VERY model of a modern....

• Like 3

Think that's weird? I've just seen a guy empty a scrabble box on the road outside my house,I asked him "what's the word on the street"?

Nice guy he told me he invented the crossword puzzle,wish I could remember his name P something T something something,something......

• Like 6

Hey, this is classic 14 year old humor(which is very often not very); I wasn't much better(some would argue that I haven't improved; they might not be wrong.) when I was 14, give him a little slack. Graham, I agree with Niles about the best comment of the day. Niles, you are correct that Airfix had better produce THE VERY model etc.,etc.. Ivand, liked the photo and comment. CO, recommend that you follow SGT. Squarehead's advice; do that, and, you'll be fine.

12 minutes ago, JPuente54 said:

Hey, this is classic 14 year old humor(which is very often not very); I wasn't much better(some would argue that I haven't improved; they might not be wrong.) when I was 14, give him a little slack. Graham, I agree with Niles about the best comment of the day. Niles, you are correct that Airfix had better produce THE VERY model etc.,etc.. Ivand, liked the photo and comment. CO, recommend that you follow SGT. Squarehead's advice; do that, and, you'll be fine.

THANK YOU

Also, I don't get the major general joke. Can someone explain it to me?

• Like 1