***Finished*** Airfix Harrier GR1

A Harrier you say Stu? Good man :thumbsup: I'm personally delighted to see an example of my favourite aircraft in at the beginning of this GB and one which began its service life almost as the decade in question began.

• Like 1

heres the gr3 I build it early in 2015, even looking back its my best work from the early period (only started in the summer of 2014), though now I can do a bit better, decided it will be carefully scrapped and replaced with the finish gr1, and Ill savalge the freightdog resin tail to do the gr3 at some point soon. 

993E3F0E-3150-4DBE-A12B-D31BCE4DCC26_zps

• Like 3

Had an idea, have a mini 4sqn theme going on, have the spare 4sqn markings from the gr3 boxing and the xtradecal raf letters and numbers sets, think Ill for once make use of the sets, had them a year and half and only used them once before.  found a couple of reference pictures for examples to choose. :)

• Like 1

First section of the light aircraft grey masked and painted

CC2C5E40-2BE1-4457-ACD6-784E9934F46D_zps

Lost interest in the build I started last week, and with one my f-16 GB builds out to one side till the other catches up, theres space for another build, not sure what to pick, do I start my other project for this GB, one of the other recent stash additions, or indeed get my already strained wallet out and buy the new airfix B-17 when I visit my LHS latter

2B89D618-41F7-47B7-823B-69F02A52EE98_zps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ah modelling hubris strikes , two years ago I built the gr3 as a fresh faced noob, and had zero problems with the canopy fit, this time I had problems as messed up the cockpit tub, so the tub, and seat were too high, also meaning the fuselage is slightly wider than it should be, had to do some hacking so the canopy can go on, and went a bit overboard with lowering the seat, not a major issue. Just a little bit of filler paint and it should be ready for the gloss coat.

2074DCBE-931A-4B9C-901A-5CAC5D5B54D3_zps

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Col. said:

How did you get on with the demarcation line on the tanks Stu?

Got on fine, turns out the example I had chosen has a different demarcation to what airfix show which was easy to paint, anyway calling this done, varnish is still a bit tacky so will leave it to dry 

XV740A-05JUL1975-Grondstein.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2