Lucky Model New Stock Indicator

Uncle Dick

For those of you that shop with Lucky Model (Hong Kong) like me, Lucky Model recently introduced a new stock indicator which looks like this:

G5.gif

The above meaning

"In Stock with their warehouse in the Peoples Republic of China (PRC) 5 items left in stock with a 2 week transit time from their PRC warehouse to Hong Kong."

This all sounds very good but when I saw they had a few kits which I had ordered many months ago which were out of stock at the time, now showing as in stock with their PRC warehouse i sent them an email asking that they ship the outstanding kits, to which they replied, "yes their warehouse in the PRC had them as showing in stock but they could not find the kits in their warehouse."

Moral of the story (and looking at many kits that have been long out of production as showing in stock at their PRC warehouse) the above said stock indicator is an absolute sham! Utter man-vegetables...

Yeah, if the warehouse in China is not on top of their inventory, the new stock indicator isn't of much help.

This is a good example of why people build a stash - when something new comes out that interests you, buy it even if you don't have time at the moment to build it.

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

Based on my experience with LuckyModels, only buy things that are either in stock or upcoming, anything labelled with a restock period of more than 2 weeks is no go, had to cancel many items because they just can't get some items in. Though that being said, all the recent Instock in PRC items that I've purchased were actually dispatched.

I pre-ordered the new Meng Mustang from them in the middle of November (only because it was much cheaper than Hannants £35) and despite at least 3 emails to them asking when it was due I still haven't received it.....

56 minutes ago, Phantom726 said:

Word of advice when trying to get in touch with LM: Don't use emails. Log on to the website and select My Account -> My Request -> Open Request. They'll usually respond within minutes or hours.

Thanks for that Very useful information. Know what, I'm going to pester them again now....