great aviation photo collection

72modeler

Hi, all!

I think I sent a link to the Boscombe Down photos earlier, but I thought many of you might find the other photo topics of interest or of use for future modeling projects. Most of the photos seem to be from WW2, so I have posted them here. (Site Adm. Please feel free to move elsewhere if you deem appropriate.) I hope you enjoy these! If this link is redundant, I apologize!

Mike

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133697406@N05/albums

• Like 6

Well Mike, there's 2 hours of my life that my wife's never going to get back.

She left for work this morning and gave me a list of jobs to do.

I thought that I'd have a quick look on the site before I got cracking. Well, she got back earlier this afternoon and guess what, nothing was done.

She went a rather strange colour and when I tried to compliment her on her purple complexion, she just didn't see the funny side.

Thanks for the great link, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cngaero said:

Well Mike, there's 2 hours of my life that my wife's never going to get back.

She left for work this morning and gave me a list of jobs to do.

I thought that I'd have a quick look on the site before I got cracking. Well, she got back earlier this afternoon and guess what, nothing was done.

She went a rather strange colour and when I tried to compliment her on her purple complexion, she just didn't see the funny side.

Thanks for the great link, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

If it's any consolation, my better half has learned to just leave me alone when she sees the drool running down one side of my face, and my continued murmuring of OMG when I have my laptop on a new modeling or aviation website I haven't seen before. Glad you liked the link- I'm a retired school administrator; would you like a written excuse for your wife?

Mike

• Like 2

On 2017-01-30 at 9:50 AM, Tbolt said:

The link works fine for me. 

This is the CRAP album. It was started by Lynn Ritger and is a very hand reference.

There are two people heavily involved with that forum, the second being Mark Allen Mansfield.

I chanced upon the CRAP album a few months ago, but for some reason forgot to mention it. If you haven't discovered it yet, the P-51D album is simply astonishing. There's plenty of colour pics of 8th AF Mustangs that I hadn't seen before, including some great 359th FG shots.

It will eat up huge amounts of your time, but is worth every second!