Pratchett's Figurines

Just a little 28mm Figure Scale white metal model of "The Librarian" from Terry Pratchett's Discworld stories from Micro Art Studios

36030464344_b93bcb41b1_z.jpg

36056079303_62cdcaac9d_z.jpg

36725254941_d547ac1fff_z.jpg

And to give you an idea of the size of this miniature

36030468074_c29e12d9b5_c.jpg

That is a UK1p coin.

A lovely clean sculpt with no flash or molding lines. The only addition is the book that he is sitting on which was made from some plasticard.

Edited by Rumblestripe
Replacing photos
  • Like 35

2 hours ago, Mechanised Dwarf said:

Is the base wooden or did you paint it to look like wood?

The base is black plastic, undercoat with Vallejo Orange Brown and grain applied with a stiff brush using Vallejo Woodgrain then varnished gloss.

Thanks for all the kind comments

• Like 1

Nice Monkey............................Hang on a minute,I need to count my limbs:)      

Seriously though,Cracking paint on such a small object.                                            

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Here's my latest Pratchett Figurine, Death as he appears in "Soul Music"

26522742127_5062a73086_b.jpg

He has a custom made base (the grave of a person named "Marshall" of course), I have positioned the guitar higher up and given him a guitar strap made from Cat 5 networking cable!

39584479860_c9f7578bb8_c.jpg

39584480460_48bf70c98e_c.jpg

...and the customary scaling photograph with a UK penny coin for size reference

26522742497_9e3ce2c392_b.jpg

• Like 13

• Rumblestripe changed the title to Pratchett's Figurines

One of my favourite Discworld characters and you've done him proud.

Especially impressive given the small size.

I still have my three original Clarecraft figures on display and I'm currently re-reading my way through all of the Discworld books.

I'm enjoying them as much as ever, if not more so. (I'm on Feet of Clay at the moment).

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

My word it's been a long time since I painted those two figures. I have started on three of The Watch figures (not the execrable TV series version). First on to his base is His Grace, The Duke of Ankh, Commander Sir Samuel "Sam" Vimes, to give him his full array of titles.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

The base is a resin casting bought on Ebay (IIRC) and just to show how nice it is and to give an idea of scale here is a view from above with a UK1p coin for scale

spacer.png

The base could do with a little touch up here and there where the black has strayed onto the cobbles and that will get done now that I've seen the photos! Hopefully I can regale you with Nobby Nobbs and Fred Colon rather quicker than the gap here. Fred is probably half done and Nobby is half started...

• Like 10

Sam Vimes, always knows where he is by feeling the cobbles though his boots!

Great to see you back at this and I'm looking forward to seeing Nobby and Fred (That's Sarge to you, lad!)

I didn't even bother with the American TV version after I read the write ups.

We all have our own ideas of how these characters look, and the ones above are pretty close to mine.

• Thanks 1

Oh my word. Had heard of the Clarecraft figurines etc. My elderly friend used to collect them., but have never seen these before.

They are too tiny for my eyesight, but you've certainly done them justice.

Soul Music is probably one of my most favourite books, mainly I think cos it takes the whole book to set up the "end" joke. Reaper Man is also up there.

Your Sam Vimes is superb. He looks how I think we all envisage him.

Keep up the superb work.

Regards

Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gidday, I've just seen these. I loved that series of books. I think one needs a warped sense of humour to appreciate them but that's me. 🙂 These figurines are very good. I remember the episode when Sam Vimes is holding a small swamp dragon under his arm, "Do you feel lucky, punk?" Will you be doing Sgt Angua or Sally the vampire? So many characters. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2022 at 1:02 PM, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Will you be doing Sgt Angua or Sally the vampire? So many characters. Regards, Jeff.

Thanks for the kind words. I don't think Sally is one of the figures? The figures are available from Discworld Emporium (alternatively from the Polish Manufacturer) I have just ordered Sgt Angua and Captain Carrot (sadly Cheery Littlebottom was out of stock) and added Giamo Casanunda. I have Nobby and Sgt Colon on the workbench and will no doubt work my way though other figures. Once I have the Watch figures I will be going for the Witches series next. All the figures are based on the artwork of Paul Kidby, they sometimes appear slightly cheaper on EBay if you keep your eyes peeled.

GNUTerryPratchett

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1