CV90-40B IFV

Etienne

Thank you all for your comments ... ;)

@Julian : yes, there is a winter camo ... the bright green areas are oversprayed with white and the camo scheme is even nicer than the summer one B) ... I'll probably try to replicate the winter camo on another CV90, but not yet !!

E

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Etienne said:

Thank you all for your comments ... ;)

@Julian : yes, there is a winter camo ... the bright green areas are oversprayed with white and the camo scheme is even nicer than the summer one B) ... I'll probably try to replicate the winter camo on another CV90, but not yet !!

E

Nice! Lovely work :yes:

On 19/02/2017 at 11:10 AM, Etienne said:

Anyhow, I am quite pleased with the result ... nearly 10 hours of masking, spraying and unmasking ... next model will probably be plain color :D

Cheers, E

I don't blame you! Looks great & I admire your patience & skill.

Pete

Hello,

I'm glad you enjoy the paint scheme ... I learn much about masking with this one, not so difficult but time consuming for sure, patience is key !

The CV90 after filter, pin wash, decals and clear coat ... I even began the lower hull weathering, light mud as for the wheels and tracks. Final assembly is near ;)

img_0323.jpg
img_0322.jpg
img_0326.jpg
img_0324.jpg

I hope you noticed I tried to match the turret and hull camouflage ^_^

img_0325.jpg

Cheers, E

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Looks good with tracks, Interested in weathering, with a Leo2A4, which I did not just get one my taste ...:popcorn:

Hello Francis, still have to make some tests for weathering ... I want to keep it subtle, there's already a light dust coat and I don't want something to heavy, not the simplest way, heavy weathering seems easier ;)

11 minutes ago, Hamden said:

That is a superb model - in the right setting could be taken for a 1:1 scale

Well done what's next?

Hello Roger, I really appreciate your compliment ... I still have to paint the shovels and spare tracks ... and final weathering.

I still don't know what will be the next model ... probably another IFV, CV90-40B up-armored version or back to british with FV510 Warrior ... on the other hand, I still have an unfinished AMX-30 that I need to complete before painting.

E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 2

It just gets better and better. Love to see the AMX-30 as I have the Iraq war version ( what did the French call it...Operation Dag????) Sorry, I've forgotten. Anyway, great job with the CV90.

John.

• Like 1

Hello gents,

thank you all for your compliments ... B)

On 22/02/2017 at 8:37 PM, Bullbasket said:

Love to see the AMX-30 as I have the Iraq war version ( what did the French call it...Operation Dag????) Sorry, I've forgotten.

Operation Daguet ... mine is an early one that will be plain green with applied chalky mud camo, if I find the motivation to finish it !

Well, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, there's only one snow shovel in the kit whereas all the photos show two ... so I decided to scratch build the missing one. It will go under the kit's one, so no need for perfection but the end result is acceptable, I think.

img_0333.jpg
img_0334.jpg

Cheers, E

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Etienne said:

Operation Daguet ... mine is an early one that will be plain green with applied chalky mud camo, if I find the motivation to finish it !

Thanks Etienne for jogging my failing memory. Whatever the finish on the AMX-30, I'll be following it.

Brilliant job with the shovel. I might try that with some stowage at some point.

John.

• Like 1

Hello gents,

yesterday I decided to give the final touch to the CV90 ... that was at the very same time a good and a bad idea :huh:

I don't know exactly why, but I suspect the thinner reactived the enamels under the coat, the already made weathering was altered when I tried to add some leaks and other little touches :o

On some spots, it was even better ... and on one specific point, the varnish peeled off, ruining the weathering but showing the camo coat. First I was very disapointed but checking photos of real CV90 in the fields, I quickly decided to give a go to the wet effects scenario.

Inevitably, I had to do a heavier weathering than initially planned but the result is quite acceptable, I think, although not 100% satisfying, I still have to understand exactly how those f*%!? enamels behave B)

img_0335.jpg
img_0336.jpg
img_0410.jpg
img_0412.jpg
img_0411.jpg
img_0413.jpg

Some details ... you can clearly see on the left side skirt where the catastrophic failure of the varnish happened ;)

img_0337.jpg
img_0414.jpg
img_0419.jpg
img_0417.jpg
img_0418.jpg
img_0416.jpg
img_0415.jpg

Cheers, E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 6