33 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

Those are fantastic John, the 'B' even looks to be from the 4677th. Thanks for posting them. I'll find out what years he served, I'm guessing it was very late sixties until the early seventies.

It is a 4677th bird Cookie :)

John

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,John - She's coming along well.I've enjoyed a little 'Fettle Therapy' myself today.

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

Thanks Paul, I'm still waiting to reach the tipping point, but it can't be far off now! :)

John

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

Thanks Paul, I'm still waiting to reach the tipping point, but it can't be far off now! :)

John

You're welcome,John.You're on finals with her now,I guess.The scribing work looks spot on under the grey primer too.Most admirable!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcdonnell said:

You're welcome,John.You're on finals with her now,I guess.The scribing work looks spot on under the grey primer too.Most admirable!

It's kind of you to say Paul, the panel lines do make it look a lot better I must say.

John

Due to the fact that the main wheel well ended up with a double thickness of wall where it joins the fuselage, this was due to the resin bay having the end wall and the kit wing also having an end wall, in reality there should be non as the fuselage side forms that end of the bay, I've decided to cut out that part of the wing. I have also removed the location tab as the upper half of the wing overhung the bottom by quite a lot. This will aide the strength of the joint, I will add a new spare.

IMG_1847_zpslniwhf7h.jpg

John     

• Like 5

More wing work, the wheel well's in the FROG wing are set more toward the wing leading edge than those of the Airfix kit, this means I'm going to do a bit of adjustment. The red marks are where the FROG well falls the yellow the Airfix.

IMG_1849_zpsz5d6dhaj.jpg

The next problem with the FROG Airfix mix is the FROG wing is much deeper than the Airfix one, this results in quite a deep trench to fill, I've lined up the top edge as best I can meaning the worst of the filling will be on the underside.

IMG_1850_zps8snoyjhb.jpg

A much easier job was cutting the wing tip to take the Italeri Navigation lights, Hurra! one more bit of the Italeri kit I can use!

IMG_1852_zpsvhoa0xlk.jpg

John

• Like 7

2 hours ago, canberra kid said:

I don't think you'd like the state of my operating theatre if you saw it though

If your bench looks like a shipwreck site and the floor is awash with debris I would feel very much at home. Conversely, if it's as spotless as an electronics clean-room, then I shall feel an irredeemable slob.:D

Tony

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheBaron said:

If your bench looks like a shipwreck site and the floor is awash with debris I would feel very much at home. Conversely, if it's as spotless as an electronics clean-room, then I shall feel an irredeemable slob.:D

Tony

In that case Tony you'd be right at home in my work shop! :)

John

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Inspiring stuff John, the Italeri nose seems to match up just fine at that point (well ahead of the bomb bay).

Thanks Cookie, the Italeri now is a bit wider than the Airfix fuselage, but not too bad.

11 hours ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,John - Grand job and she really is coming together now.

Thanks Paul! 

John

• Like 2