Bismarck and Tirpitz 1:350

BerndM

On 26.4.2017 at 6:05 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Bernd. Glad you are well and I will keep checking back for any more progress.

Kind regards,

Stix

Still underway with some new photos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kris B said:

Great job has been done here. I like your brass work.

Thanks for the kind reply, my experience with this set is quite positive, no bigger problems its only fiddly.

That is certainly looking absolutely superb Bernd! I seriously do not know how you have the patience with all that PE! Wonderful! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

That is certainly looking absolutely superb Bernd! I seriously do not know how you have the patience with all that PE! Wonderful! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you very much mate. It takes a lot of patience and i don t build all the time on my ships.

Working with PE parts is fun but it can be boring after a while and there is alwas something different at hand.

• Like 1

That is looking very good, always nice to see the familiar sight of a well detailed Bismarck.

I may have to get myself a 1:350 Bismarck one day as she is one of my lifelong favourites (looking at Bismark related photos is almost like remembering a familiar old friend now).

• Like 1

Excellent progress Bernd,

She's really taking shape now. Love all the intricate details you have added it really makes the model stand out.

Great job mate :yes::yes:

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

On 05/27/2017 at 8:11 AM, Gremlin56 said:

Good to see you back on track Bernd, beautiful detailing and immaculate PE work.

:yes:

Thanks you very much, mate. Slow but steady.

My ships are stored in my bar compartment in our cub board to keep them free of dust but currently i have displayed my Hood beside Bismarck, both in their unfinished glory, looks really nice.

Shold give me some new motivation.

• Like 1

On 05/27/2017 at 4:44 PM, Rob 1 said:

That is looking very good, always nice to see the familiar sight of a well detailed Bismarck.

I may have to get myself a 1:350 Bismarck one day as she is one of my lifelong favourites (looking at Bismark related photos is almost like remembering a familiar old friend now).

Thank you very much, building ships like the Bismarck is indeed some sort of home coming. A graceful and beautiful ship, other warships of that time had the charme of a concrete plant.

On 27.5.2017 at 8:21 PM, GREG DESTEC said:

Excellent progress Bernd,

She's really taking shape now. Love all the intricate details you have added it really makes the model stand out.

Great job mate :yes::yes:

Cheers Greg

Thanks for the kind comment mate. The etched frets look still quite full so more to come.

I have heard that we will get a hot and humid summer ;-)

• Like 1

On 30.5.2017 at 7:31 AM, longshanks said:

Looking Good!!  :clap2:

Kev

Thanks for stopping by, Kev. Appreciated.

Madhatter

Would something like this ease your masking on the QM2 build?

http://www.thepaintstore.com/Trimaco_Standard_Grade_Masking_Film_p/62480.htm

I imagine you could source some more locally.

I've seen decorating show on the TV where this sort of stuff is used to mask carpets. Don't know how sticky it is but if you could find a friendly local neighbourhood decorator he might be able to tell you (or even part with a bit for experimenting).

Tom

2 hours ago, Modelholic said:

Madhatter

I've seen decorating show on the TV where this sort of stuff is used to mask carpets. Don't know how sticky it is but if you could find a friendly local neighbourhood decorator he might be able to tell you (or even part with a bit for experimenting).

Tom

???

3 hours ago, Modelholic said:

Madhatter

Tom

Me thinks some one has not been looking where they are supposed to be posting  Dooh  :doh:  must be new on here  :hmmm:

beefy

• Like 1

I was responding to a post by Madhatter on March 22:

really great, detailed work you are doing here Bernd. I have a question for you in regards to the wooden decking you have used: how are you going to mask it off when you paint the ship?

I only ask as I will be using a similar item on my QM2 build and I have been asking myself how I shall mask it all off ready for painting without having to resort to investing in shares in Tamiya. I had read somewhere once that if you can, keep the clear plastic cover on it but is the cover cut as well or is it one entire piece? Given that it is also Pontos, I can't be sure the same suggestion will apply to Artwox products

A little late perhaps. But just imparting an idea.

Tom

On 31.5.2017 at 10:32 PM, Modelholic said:

I was responding to a post by Madhatter on March 22:

really great, detailed work you are doing here Bernd. I have a question for you in regards to the wooden decking you have used: how are you going to mask it off when you paint the ship?

I only ask as I will be using a similar item on my QM2 build and I have been asking myself how I shall mask it all off ready for painting without having to resort to investing in shares in Tamiya. I had read somewhere once that if you can, keep the clear plastic cover on it but is the cover cut as well or is it one entire piece? Given that it is also Pontos, I can't be sure the same suggestion will apply to Artwox products

A little late perhaps. But just imparting an idea.

Tom

Thank you Tom, meanwhile i have sprayed the inside of all platforms in the needed color for Bismarck. Now i can fit the pieces of the wooden deck on the floor of these platforms. That reduces much masking. Using the plastic back side for masking can work if no spray crawls under it. So far i have never tried it.

It can work or end in a major mess up.

Cheers

Bernd

• Like 1

Update:

Some paint work on the main guns, Turrets, turret tops and gun barrels, the turret basement is still undecided, need some reference.

Anton Bruno paint1

Anton and Bruno Turrets, still need some touch ups but i am happy so far.

ceasar dora paint on1

Turrets Cäsar and Dora.

ceasar dora paint on

more soon....

• Like 7

Looking great Bernd!

Paintwork is bringing your Bismarck to life. Some nice details to pick out with some careful dry brushing or washes.

Nice work mate, and I look forward to the next update.

Cheers Greg :yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Looking great Bernd!

Paintwork is bringing your Bismarck to life. Some nice details to pick out with some careful dry brushing or washes.

Nice work mate, and I look forward to the next update.

Cheers Greg :yes:

Thanks for the kind comment, mate and agreed there is a lot of details that can be popped out with some paint and care.

The photo etched details look really good under paint on the turret fronst for example, with a dark wash they will look even better.

Cheers Bernd

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kris B said:

Looks good. Do you have the superstructure glued already to the hull or you keep it all in the bits? 

Thanks Kris. The sub assemblies are not glued together, its more easy to detail and paint them.

For the photos i assemble the kit, i think its better to show what i have done.