Cyber Hobby 1/72 Meteor F.3

Bob C.

This kit lends itself to having gun barrels installed.  The exterior cannon locations are already open, and there are even recesses in the interior of the fuselage.  What I have not been able to determine is how the gun muzzles are situated.  Are the ends of the muzzles protruding from the openings, flush with the openings, or inset somewhat?  My references are not clear enough, and Google images doesn't have any close-ups of that particular area for any operational machines, that I can see.  Does anyone know, and/or is anyone able to post any photos or diagrams which could clear this up? 

Much thanks if anyone can help.

Bob C

Hi Steve,

I saw this in Google images, but I can't quite make out where the muzzles actually are in relation to the flared-out edges of the openings.  Something's there, but is it more than shadow?   Now if we had a shot from about 15 feet closer and more in profile...  But thanks anyway.

Bob C 

Google "Gloster Meteor cutaway drawing" or something very similar: there are a number of such drawings on t'web which should, between them, show the detail you need.  Alternatively there are some photos of WH301 at Hendon on the Walkaround pages here which may well do the same but do beware images of preserved airframes as the cannon may not be installed.