Dh Venom NF 51, 1/48 scale. Swedish J 33

After a long building project I have o call this project finish.

I have tried to create a Dh Venom NF 51 aka Swedish Airforce J 33 in 1/48 scales. I have parts from three different kits. Nose and cockpit are from Classic Airframes Vampire NF 10, wings and midsection are Classic Airframes Venom FB 4, and tailbooms are from Aeroclub Sea Venom. It has not been a shake and bake kit at all. Parts has to be modified, I have used at least a half tube of filler.

This project has spent a lot of time on the “shelf of doom”, especially since I got the news that Pilot Replicas are working on a Venom series, but a good friend told me, “finish the project and move on”, and so I did.

Nicklas 

IPMS Sweden

Some not so good pictures.    

image.jpg6_zpslns7rzii.jpg

9b0713bbc83978d196cc8a7fe662c98c_zps2ihx

bild%201_zpshyecbxfd.jpg

This fellow help me along the time. 

image.jpg1_zpstea3jc53.jpg

e52fce6b37260f6bd25b6698a0516ac9_zpsygvf

d22d1c0087e9071896abc9e4341ffb32_zpszwxp

e3c801beacf5e43984367375e85887e7_zpsxkok

Edited by Nicke06
  • Like 29

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, dobk said:

Nicklas, was there any reason besides kit availability that you did not use the Classic Airframes Sea Venom for this project?

The nose shape on the Sea Venom is not the same as on the NF 2. The Sea venom nose is almost circular round and the NF 2 is not.  Sea Venom FAW 21 had different radar then the NF 2. The Classic Airframe Vampire NF 10 has two noses in the kit and one is correct for the Venom NF 2. The canopy on the Sea Venom kit has a different shape as well.

My project is not a perfect Venom NF 2 but it’s as close as I can get it until Pilot Replicas release there Venom kits. I have two of their kits in my stash (SAAB J 21 and J 29F) and they are really nice kits 

Finding a Classic Airframe Sea Venom is difficult and the ones I found on Ebay are going for some really mad prices.  

Thanks 

Nicklas 

On 4/3/2017 at 3:23 AM, Nicke06 said:

The nose shape on the Sea Venom is not the same as on the NF 2. The Sea venom nose is almost circular round and the NF 2 is not.  Sea Venom FAW 21 had different radar then the NF 2. The Classic Airframe Vampire NF 10 has two noses in the kit and one is correct for the Venom NF 2. The canopy on the Sea Venom kit has a different shape as well.

My project is not a perfect Venom NF 2 but it’s as close as I can get it until Pilot Replicas release there Venom kits. I have two of their kits in my stash (SAAB J 21 and J 29F) and they are really nice kits 

Finding a Classic Airframe Sea Venom is difficult and the ones I found on Ebay are going for some really mad prices.  

Thanks 

Nicklas 

Thank you Nicklas.  I wondered if there were structural differences between the carrier and land based versions.  I have a  couple of CA Sea Venom's bought years ago when they were available.  Also have several of Pilot Replicas J29 and really look forward to their Venoms.

That Venom looks amazing! I've never been lucky enough to see one fly though I have been around the raf venom in Oman, or what's left of it... looters and souvenir hunter have claimed the rest :( 

looking forward to the build! 

Harry:D