Vampire T11 wz589 at airwarfare museum

TOPGUN88

hi guys

I have an airfix vampire t11 kit I want to make into the old gate guard that used to sit on the gate at RAF Edzell scotland. a unique scheme as I cant find any history on it. there is a similar colour scheme of a vampire t11 in 1982. can anyone tell me the reason behind the scheme of WZ589 in what looks like a cream and green camouflage which the one at edzell looks like the same scheme also similar to the one at dumfries and galloway. tried contacting montrose to see if there are any photos of the plane bur they only have pics of It in pieces. 

I think you will find that that is not an authentic colour scheme.

Note also that one of the ex Swiss T55s was painted up as WZ589 so be careful when searching for pics.

Here she is in service with 56 Sqn according to the Key publishing forum.

6874410360_c68581b5c6_z.jpg

• Like 1

hi sleeper service. thankyou so much for the advice. this has come very handy as for years I have been trying to track down images of this particular aircraft after seeing it on the website but cannot relocate the pics of it being taken down off of the plynth. i remember thie pic had the plane in thw car park with the wheels down.now I have a pic of the aircraft I wonder if there are any more of it. 

• Like 1