P2V-7 Neptune

You have done a beautiful job on this one, please tell me it is not a "WIF" as suggested by Trojan Thunder. I suppose that we could do with a new kit of the Neptune, but at today's prices few of us could afford it. Maybe a better supply of the old one would do.

Great Work,   Trev.

That is a beautiful airplane.  I like how clean it is.  Maybe the squadron commander's aircraft and there were all those enlisted men scrubbing it clean after every flight?  A striking color scheme.  What is it from?  When I was a kid we lived only a few miles from the Lockheed plant in Burbank and I saw a lot of those.  They were usually painted a very dark bluegray with the top of the fuselage from about the navigators astrodome back and down to the wing root level painted white.

1 hour ago, vh-bob said:

You have done a beautiful job on this one, please tell me it is not a "WIF" as suggested by Trojan Thunder. I suppose that we could do with a new kit of the Neptune, but at today's prices few of us could afford it. Maybe a better supply of the old one would do.

Great Work,   Trev.

Thanks for your encouraging comment. It is not a WIF as I saw a couple reference shots of it on Google Chrome. I'm always looking to build something you don't always see.

Mark

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Strasser said:

Thanks for your encouraging comment. It is not a WIF as I saw a couple reference shots of it on Google Chrome. I'm always looking to build something you don't always see.

Mark

that's my boy!

hiya brother

15 hours ago, Niles said:

Maybe the squadron commander's aircraft and there were all those enlisted men scrubbing it clean after every flight?

I wonder if one of the EMs got a bit brassed off with the boss and cut his aileron wires?  Lol.

A very attractive and eye-catching change from all the Sea Blue Neptunes we see, but if one aileron's up t'other should be down, and vice versa.  

The masking must have been quite time-consuming but the results speak for themselves.

Hello,Mark - My full compliments to you on a magnificent build of your 'Neptune'. I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work.Beautiful crisp colour demarcation along with the classic clean appearance makes this a joy to behold.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.