P2V-7 Neptune

Loud scheme, love it, never saw something like this so clean before. Not critisizing, but on my monitor I see a slight bleed trough of the red paint on the waist stars. Do you have a second set of decals you could put on there? Just saying because at a contest, you'd loose a point for that. One of those things you never know until you put the decals on. Aside from that, it's great.

Hello Mark,

Wow. Striking scheme of this Neptune.

It shows very clearly how beautiful this aircraft is.

Greetz, Orion/The Netherlands.

Hello Mark,

More than well done !!

Congrats for the way you've coped with the white paint and then red orange !! I really like it.

It'a pleasure and you show that USN can be different than dark sea blue and gray !!;):yes:

What will be the next one ??

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/02/2017 at 9:51 AM, Mark Strasser said:

Hey thanks everyone for the great comments. it's amazing what results you can get using craft paints with bright colors.

Mark

Hi mark when you say craft paints, what do you mean? I can only manage finishes like that using Tamiya rattle cans

Beautifully done model, and an imaginative choice of paint scheme.

Brings back nostalgic memories of my early teens and my excitement about all of those exotic, big, 72nd scale Hasegawa subjects, including the Orion, Emily, and Marlin.

And like those others, you seldom see them built up which is too bad....

david

On 2/25/2017 at 6:22 PM, wallyinoz said:

Hi mark when you say craft paints, what do you mean? I can only manage finishes like that using Tamiya rattle cans

Hey Wally: The craft paint is usually found in art or craft stores and are acrylic. There is a large range of colors and brands to choose from and they mix well with others. Very thin light coats sprayed at a higher PSI works best for me. Give them a try as the cost is very reasonable.

Mark

That's a beautiful looking Neptune and a great paint finish.   I've always thought this aircraft just looks 'right', if you know what I mean.  I reckon you could spend a lifetime building Neptunes due to all the different and interesting schemes it wore during its long career.