News Italeri 2017

Branky

8 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

I expect a rerelease though it would be not too surprising if Italeri downscaled their 1:32 Starfighter. They used to downscaled a lot of kits which were initialy released in 1:48 to 1:72. So why not?

Because it will be easier and cheaper to use existing molds I guess...

Just a thought... If I were a major kit producer in the EU (and unlike Italeri without existing CAD) I would contact Daco for his improvement set and design some new sprues for the remaining parts (usually the Hasegawa kit). Sounds like an easy way to a proper F-104 family in 1:48 and will be much cheaper than the Hasegawa kit plus the improvement parts.

René

Wish they would redo their existing 1/32 Starfighter kit to remedy the panels lines first! Maybe the 1/32 TF-104 fuselage will address this. If they do indeed simply downscale their 1/32 kit I really hope they do tweak them for 1/48, it would be a great and much needed competitor for the Hasegawa kit if done well. Credit to Italeri imho that they are having a good crack at bringing quite a few (hopefully) newly tooled Cold War subjects out, so much seems to be WWII these days from others. 

• Like 1

On 25/01/2017 at 4:30 PM, gioca said:

You can forget about the MB339 rebox. Italeri didn't succeed in having an agreement with Frems models, so the MB339 in 1/48 scale will not see the light under Italeri boxes.

The 1/48 MB339 wasn't intended to be a full new mould from Italeri ?

Ju-86 is back. By the way, what letters "SD" means in catalogue posted today?

A "new" Falkland Harrier in 1/72?

AB 41 is back too.

On 1/26/2017 at 1:14 AM, Rodders154 said:

The 1/48 Jetranger was produced before as a Kiowa and that was the ESCI kit

Rodders

Did it have JetRanger windows or Kiowa ones? I was disappointed to see the 1/72 "JetRanger" with unmodified doors and windows.

Edited by k5054nz

Wow! A new Re 2000 in 1:48! 

Finally a new kit of this beautiful aircraft. The Classic Airframes one is almost impossible to find and have quite a few issues. I'm not even going to mention the other kit of the Re 2000 that is one of the worst kit ever.. 

I hope that this new one is just that, new. I wish that it's just not a slight modification to the existing Re 2002 which is not a very good kit. 

I need to build me a couple of Swedish Air Force J 20. 

Andreas 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not a happy camper in deed....on the news of the 1/48 MB 339 being shelved......wonder was was not agreed upon in the agreement  for the proposed reboxing............well at least I still have 2 boxes of the FREMS kit but would have really liked to see what Italeri would have done with it..............

Rgds

55 minutes ago, Mr B said:

Not a happy camper in deed....on the news of the 1/48 MB 339 being shelved......wonder was was not agreed upon in the agreement  for the proposed reboxing............well at least I still have 2 boxes of the FREMS kit but would have really liked to see what Italeri would have done with it..............

Rgds

Presumably added new colorful decals and increased the priece... added decals for the CD version as well

my 2cnts

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...