Luftwaffe bomb racks

redleader

6 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

Elektrischer Träger für cylindrische Außenlasten

Electric carrier for cylindrical external stores

What impressed me was that not only did he know what it mean't, he could spell it as well!

Selwyn

(Who's second language is gobbeldegook!)

On ‎25‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 8:13 PM, Murrodels said:

They love their compound words - the space bar on a German keyboard is never used

Ohyeswedo. But really the words ETC is derived from give a comprehensive description of purpose and function, a bit different than rack or Pylon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tempestfan said:

Ohyeswedo. But really the words ETC is derived from give a comprehensive description of purpose and function, a bit different than rack or Pylon.

Hahahaha, don't get me wrong Im sure it makes perfect sense to a native speaker. But to us linguistically inept Brits, it's daunting to say the very least 

I freely admit it's the usual cumbersome military-tech "Sprech" - actually it would be interesting if there was an ETN (elektrischer Träger für nichtzylindrische Außenlasten) or something else that gave a true identifying purpose to the description...

• Like 1

On 25-1-2017 at 8:13 PM, Murrodels said:

I've been trying to learn the language, I'm on an erasmus exchange in Stuttgart. They love their compound words - the space bar on a German keyboard is never used

My favorite German term is from the Tornado program - due to the multirole nature one nickname was "Eierlegende Wollmilchsau". 

Google that one for yourself. ;) 

Cheers,

Andre (Dutchman with an Austrian girlfriend)

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hook said:

My favorite German term is from the Tornado program - due to the multirole nature one nickname was "Eierlegende Wollmilchsau". 

Google that one for yourself. ;) 

Cheers,

Andre (Dutchman with an Austrian girlfriend)

That's a good one, but I'm not sure if the Tornado crews will find it as funny! I much prefer the name painted on a WW2 B-24 Liberator- "Big-assed Bird!"

Mike