Pushing inland.

Hi folk's here's Tamiyas carrier which I posted in RFI earlier but with two of the figures supplied with the kit added to the vehicle dio that I did 

for the D-Day GB a couple of years ago I am not a figure painter but it was a shame not to use them as they are really nicely detailed.Many 

thanks for looking in,

DSCN4523_zpstq3cct2r.jpg

DSCN4525_zpsxxpp5hlx.jpg

DSCN4526_zps5kdwj8gn.jpg

DSCN4528_zpsft6a1v9h.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 24

Grand job St Steve,

I'd be tempted to call it a vignette, but that's merely semantics.

As I mentioned before, I'm thinking of getting another 2 Carriers to accompany a Churchill VII in my stash. My last Carrier was Tamiya's Universal Carrier 'Forced Reconnaissance' kit and the fit of the frontal armour (the vertical screen) was just as bad as one I'd built back in the late 70's so I assume the 'Forced Reconnaissance' one used the same old tooling. You said your kit went together perfectly, so I assume it was made with new or newer tooling. Can you confirm this? And if it is what kit is yours exactly?

Thanks in advance,

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Badder said:

Grand job St Steve,

I'd be tempted to call it a vignette, but that's merely semantics.

As I mentioned before, I'm thinking of getting another 2 Carriers to accompany a Churchill VII in my stash. My last Carrier was Tamiya's Universal Carrier 'Forced Reconnaissance' kit and the fit of the frontal armour (the vertical screen) was just as bad as one I'd built back in the late 70's so I assume the 'Forced Reconnaissance' one used the same old tooling. You said your kit went together perfectly, so I assume it was made with new or newer tooling. Can you confirm this? And if it is what kit is yours exactly?

Thanks in advance,

Rearguards,

Badder

Yep, it does go together without any problems. Finished one recently. The sprues on mine were stamped 1975.

Like that hit on the starboard side. You're not trying to hide a gluey fingerprint are you?

1 hour ago, Darby said:

Like that hit on the starboard side. You're not trying to hide a gluey fingerprint are you?

The original dio had US paratrooper medics attending wounded German prisoners Darby hence the holed half track.

• 2 weeks later...