Tamiya 1/35 jeep

Evening folk's,just got the matt coat on the jeep done a couple of hours ago so here she is finished,lovely kit,no vices at all,thanks for looking in.

DSCN4511_zpsu5aapvtk.jpg

DSCN4513_zpsns9bquny.jpg

DSCN4514_zpstf9a0hzk.jpg

DSCN4515_zpse5zefpry.jpg

DSCN4516_zpsbi3ospdn.jpg

DSCN4517_zpszr0vrzlw.jpg

DSCN4518_zpsecan8snv.jpg

DSCN4519_zps0mtyxshc.jpg

DSCN4521_zpsqr2nlcxk.jpg

• Like 21

A little beaut there! As the proud owner of a real one I know a great build when I see one....! Just a tiny observation...don't forget the data plates on the glove box...

IMG_0960.jpg

• Like 3

That's a real beauty Kieth we used to see a good half dozen at the DLI rally which sadly is no longer While on the subject of real

vehicles Sunderland air Museum has this White scout car which is a stunner and will be my next vehicle build.And keith

are those USAAC marking's the jeep?

DSCN0982%20640x480_zpsmyix04pu.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I assume that'll be the Italeri kit? Big fan of the Dragon Half tracks myself....

Yes, the markings are from a Jeep belonging to  the local ex USAAF airfield at Bovingdon..( 633 Squadron, Hanover Street and The War Lover were filmed there too)

I usually change them every couple of years and it's recently been in Bassingbourn and Steeple Morden markings. 

Strictly speaking it shouldn't have the yellow bridge plate on the radiator but I think it adds a little bit of interest.

If you're ever down this way you can take it for a spin if you like....

Edited by keithjs
Spelling
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, keithjs said:

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I assume that'll be the Italeri kit? Big fan of the Dragon Half tracks myself....

Yes, the markings are from a Jeep belonging to  the local ex USAAF airfield at Bovingdon..( 633 Squadron, Hanover Street and The War Lover were filmed there too)

I usually change them every couple of years and it's recently been in Bassingbourn and Steeple Morden markings. 

Strictly speaking it shouldn't have the yellow bridge plate on the radiator but I think it adds a little bit of interest.

If you're ever down this way you take it for a spin if you like....

Thank's Kieth May take you up on that offer one day! Yes it's the Italeri kit I have heading my way,my Dad was a driver {RASC) and after the 

war ended was sent home from Italy to train for deployment to the far east they were trained on casevac Jeeps with the litter's but thankfully 

it was all over out there before they left(mind you he had a year in Palestine as compensation)!

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

She's lovely Keith and thanks for posting them,we have three over here,you see them around during the summer and Liberation Day we usually get three or four over from the UK for the cavalcade amongst other trucks etc....

Edit: If you want to have a look put guernsey liberation day into YouTube....

Edited by Vince1159

Thanks Vince. Visited Guernsey/Jersey a few times and have been to all the Museums etc.Even got to fly on JOEY too.... Must come back again one day. Bit of a trek to bring the Jeep tho'....longest run I did was to Duxford and Bassingbourn a couple of years ago...

Not sure if you're interested or not but the Quest programme 'Combat Dealers' with Bruce Crompton is visiting the Channel Islands tonight. Quest TV CH37 at 9pm.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's Kieth May take you up on that offer one day! Yes it's the Italeri kit I have heading my way,my Dad was a driver {RASC) and after the 

war ended was sent home from Italy to train for deployment to the far east they were trained on casevac Jeeps with the litter's but thankfully 

it was all over out there before they left(mind you he had a year in Palestine as compensation)!

You're welcome. How does the Hobbyboss White compare to the Italeri one? Often thought of building one? Will you do yours in the those markings in your photo?

Edited by keithjs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, keithjs said:

You're welcome. How does the Hobbyboss White compare to the Italeri one? Often thought of building one? Will you do yours in the those markings in your photo?

Edited 1 hour ago by keithjs

I've never seen the Hobbyboss kit Keith,It's a bit hefty price wise and a far as I know doesn't contain the tilt,the Italeri kit is a fair age I

think originally released by Max,airfix etc but still pretty good in the detail dept.not sure what marking's are in the box.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Jim Wasley said:

Great build good enough to drive away(would bring it back!!)Cheers.

Many thank's JimI had a little run of jeep's,Land Rover's etc earlier in the year really enjoyed the change just started  Man 4x4 in armour WIP.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Many thank's JimI had a little run of jeep's,Land Rover's etc earlier in the year really enjoyed the change just started  Man 4x4 in armour WIP.

Thanks Stevej60 funny in Oz a lot of the on line model shops had a run on 4x4's going very cheap,a few months back,I bought a 1/35 Tamiya Special Air Service Jeep,small and easy build but it came with 2 figures and loads of gear,a fun build.Cheers. 

3 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

Thanks Stevej60 funny in Oz a lot of the on line model shops had a run on 4x4's going very cheap,a few months back,I bought a 1/35 Tamiya Special Air Service Jeep,small and easy build but it came with 2 figures and loads of gear,a fun build.Cheers. 

Another oldie but still stand's up well Jim that was my other build along with the SAS Land Rover

• Thanks 1