1/72 Airfix Jet Provost

Hi Folks 
There have been a few top class builds of the recent Airfix Jet Provost posted in RFI of late so I decided to post my humble contribution. I give you the recent Airfix 1/72 Jet Provost T3 finished in Light Aircraft Gray(from the Mr.Hobby range) and decals from the Xtradecal set for the Airfix Kit. The hi-vis markings were for the most part ok to use but getting them to follow the curve of the leading edge of the wing was less than successful with the solid areas of dayglo decals being quite rigid and brittle which resulted in cracking and splitting of the decal. I patched up the dayglo as best I could and touched up the damaged decals with some dayglo paint.

32426831546_a89c814862_z.jpg
32345641281_07264e9956_z.jpg
32467153185_feb3885bed_z.jpg

I did attempt to add some of the  vents/air scoops to the fuselage but did not correct the canopy as I had finished painting before I read about the canopy framing being an internal feature, for noting on the next one.

Thanks for looking

• Like 31

Thanks for the positive comments and 'likes' folks, they are very much appreciated.

As to the idea of Jet Provost in Irish markings, this is something I have given some thought to and 

will be taking further.

• 5 months later...

lovely job! I'm having trouble getting neatly painted tips on the wing tanks. Can't get masking tape to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks