1/48 Super Etendard

Roof Rat

Hello all

Having read the first class review here on the newish Kinetic 1/48 Super Etendard (thanks Mike) just wondering whether the Kinetic or the new 1/48 Kitty Hawk is the better kit?

RR

• 4 weeks later...
On January 23, 2017 at 1:25 AM, exdraken said:

Kinetic is said to be more correct.

the KH having some Etendard "features"

I have both kits but have yet to inspect the Kittyhawk one that closely. What has been said here would follow logic since Kittyhawk have just released the earlier Etendard IVM/P variant whilst Kinetic have given no such indication. Where the Kittyhawk kit scores is in the provision of suitable weaponry for more recent in-service aircraft although neither is perfect. The Kittyhawk kit has more extensive late-model ordnance whilst that in the Kinetic kit is largely focussed on that carried during its early operational career. The Kittyhawk kit provides some nice marking options for French Aeronavale aircraft too, including several specials, although I would hand the quality prize to Kinetic for their sublime Crossdelta designed, cartograf printed sheet. The Kinetic kit also looks as if it will be easier to put together - it is less modular than the Kittyhawk offering which makes for complicated engineering and more potential for fit issues although I have yet to read anything too adverse about the latter kit.

HTH    

• Like 2

Gentlemen

Thank you for your replies, I must apologise for the woefully long delay in replying, I must confess I haven't had much time for modeling lately let a lone looking on BM, hopefully things will start to calm-down very soon.

RR

• Like 1