Saudi munitions

Slater

Given that Saudi Arabia uses both US and UK weapons, would it be theoretically possible to, say,  have a mixed load of GBU-12's and Paveway IV's on the same F-15 or Tornado? Or does the avionics configuration render that impossible?

Mr Slater,

You will probably find that the answer to this  question which is related  the current military equipment and capabilities of this  country is very classified,  and would result in the person answering it being prosecuted under the official secrets act in UK and/ or  the equivalent legislation of the US or KSA, so if I were you I wouldn't expect an answer to this anytime soon!

:fuyou_2:

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

Mr Slater,

You will probably find that the answer to this  question which is related  the current military equipment and capabilities of this  country is very classified,  and would result in the person answering it being prosecuted under the official secrets act in UK and/ or  the equivalent legislation of the US or KSA, so if I were you I wouldn't expect an answer to this anytime soon!

:fuyou_2:

Selwyn

Having spent quite a few years of my life out there, I entirely agree and endorse Selwyns comments.

Dennis

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Slater said:

Given that Saudi Arabia uses both US and UK weapons, would it be theoretically possible to, say,  have a mixed load of GBU-12's and Paveway IV's on the same F-15 or Tornado? Or does the avionics configuration render that impossible?

what would be the benefit of having said weapons on one plane?

Th GBU-12 is usually complemented by a GPS bomb like a GBU-38. or if you want both at the same time,  take a GBU-49....

a Paveway IV is generally just the British version of said combination. (not going deep into tecnicl details here, but maybe somebody will later on!)

Would depend if the Tornado, Typhoon and F15 had the interfaces to able full weapon connection to the a/c. However I wouldn't be surprised if the Americans and the British were a bit reluctant to pass on that technology and theoretically risk losing weapon sales. As exdraken said as well I can't see any benefit in doing so.

Was just curious about the "mix and match" capability of the F-15SA with various munitions. As far as overall F-15SA munitions capability/compatibility, these publicly accessible notices are available to anyone on the planet with an Internet connection:

http://www.dsca.mil/sites/default/files/mas/saudi_arabia_10-43_0_0.pdf

Note that these are US munitions, but one would think that integrating PWIV wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

If the a/c can carry the Paveway IV then it could carry the GBU-12 since the -12 doesn't much in the way of interface as a IV does. Your best bet is to search to see what weapons the Saudis have ordered of late, that info should be available online.

Jari

• 2 weeks later...

integrating PWIV wouldn't be that much of a stretch..:lol::lol:integrating PWIV wouldn't be that much of a stretch.:Dif only you knew.....Nothing repeat nothing is not much of a stretch anymore....Still life was much simpler in the old days ...:P

Still put what you like on any pylon it's your modelling hobby and if it works for you then thats ok

Edited by junglierating

I would guess not. Would make no sense that the two countries having interchangeable weapons if they both respectively use their own. (I am no expert) But I agree with Don, its a nice thoughtful idea so I would say go for it! 

• Like 1