Looking for pics of Helicopter pads for HC.4

Pappy

G'day people,

I am looking to do a HC.4 'Junglie' at some point and I was thinking of making a scenic base. Does anyone have any links or pics of the prepared helipads used by the Westland HC.4s in Bosnia (IFOR/SFOR) or Afghanistan. The type I am after is the  rectangular  pads with the sandbag edging. I am especially in need of the markings (if any) that were painted on the pads,

cheers,

Pappy

If I remember it would just have a small rectangle or squire painted white approximately 1' x 18" or foot square with Pan number on it say 14 or 26. This is something that I have tried to remember as would have had a nice lye down on these pans at night watching the stars waiting for the aircraft to come back off task.

21 hours ago, sammy da fish said:

If I remember it would just have a small rectangle or squire painted white approximately 1' x 18" or foot square with Pan number on it say 14 or 26. This is something that I have tried to remember as would have had a nice lye down on these pans at night watching the stars waiting for the aircraft to come back off task.

Thanks Sammy

19 hours ago, junglierating said:

Not a real lot of useful pics unfortunately

15 hours ago, scotthldr said:

Are you referring to the temporary deployable pads found at FOB's or the more permanent concrete ones found at places like Camp Bastion, Basra AP? 

Either, both i don't know!

Think you will find in the first pic that is what you are looking for RE built pad with sand bags ....type 3 LS .....ie able to heavy aircraft up to chinook .It also has sandbags.

Next door not in the pic (but I will go in the loft and try a dig out pics) are bloody great fuel b***ocks which the local kids used as trampolines.

Dont mention it pal.