ignoring members

23 hours ago, georgeusa said:

Just paint the bottom of your next British WWII aircraft light grey and call it the "proper" shade of sky. Then just sit back and watch the pages accumulate.  Add fuel to the fire and quote some new fangled authority you found as proof you got the shade correctly a few times to really increase the volume.   It really helps to also base it on a color picture you found that was time period correct. 

Many a true word spoken in jest.

• Like 1

Is there a way of polling (automatically) if there are certain members on a lot of people's "Ignore" lists?

A polite word in their ear to that effect might help them wonder why it's gone quiet in their part of the forum...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/01/2017 at 11:18 PM, old thumper said:

Quick question. I have set my profile to ignore posts made by a certain member, is there anyway I can also ignore topics started by them?

This ......

On 23/01/2017 at 8:59 PM, Rob G said:

Is there a 'Hide Thread' function?

...... and this.

Presumably there is no function available to ignore complete topics/threads by certain individual or individuals then?  :shrug:

Have used the 'Ignore' button but it has not had the desired effect that I had hoped for. 

TA

B)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neil said:

Presumably there is no function available to ignore complete topics/threads by certain individual or individuals then?  :shrug:

Have used the 'Ignore' button but it has not had the desired effect that I had hoped for. 

It must be annoying to have got under your skin Neil.  I'll ask support if we can ask for the feature to be added :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

It must be annoying to have got under your skin Neil.  I'll ask support if we can ask for the feature to be added :)

LOL   :lol:

Awfully decent of you old boy .....  and if somebody could bring me a nice cup of tea every hour, on the hour that would be spiffing too!  :D

(Tongue firmly in cheek ....).

B) 

• Like 1

I'll thank you to keep your tongue to yourself young(ish) man! :frantic:

Seriously though, I've contacted support asking for the facility to be expanded, and to add that feature warning the Mods of someone getting a lot of negative love. :)  Mainly because they're good ideas, and they make sense. :yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Seriously though, I've contacted support asking for the facility to be expanded, and to add that feature warning the Mods of someone getting a lot of negative love. :)  Mainly because they're good ideas, and they make sense. :yes:

It would be very nice if it is possible to do this. 

As I had given up on getting a proper answer back from the original post this is a nice surprise. 

There's been a LOT on since September, and although we've now finished the move to SSL (https) for the login process, I've still been working on it in the background to secure our FTP and mail server to complete the package.  I've just this minute finished the latter, so I'm quite pleased it's done.  I asked support this evening, and they may come back to me with some suggestions, or just an "ok, we'll look into it in the next release" sort of reply, which could mean exactly that, or just yeah, yeah, whatever.  They do seem to be pretty good though, and often things we'd like to see do come to pass, :) just maybe not immediately :shrug:

• Like 2

Sorry - I wasn't trying to guilt you about what a busy h'executive I am, just explaining why sometimes we might seem not to be listening, or only vaguely present.  I'm like that most of the time anyway :wacko: but we do try to make the forum as good, as easy to use, as safe and welcoming as we possibly can.  There's summit else we've been planning on the horizon too, but we've had to keep that simmering while we dealt with the SSL thingumybob, which was more urgent to us.  Keep your eyes peeled for further announcements in due course.  Just don't tie me down to a date! :cwl:

Plus, we wouldn't do it all if we didn't enjoy it  ;) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mike said:

'Negative Love' - wish I was a musician. I'd start a rock band just to give it that name! 🎸 🥁 

• Haha 1

I can hear the DJ now-

"That last track was 'Negative Love's' latest hit single 'Ignore Me'. It's from their chart-topping album 'Bandsaw'. 😎🎧🎤

Of course the only problem with all of this is that no DJ has actually said anything along those lines for at least the last 25 years!

'

• Haha 1

• 5 years later...

I've found the ignore function quite good for my peace of mind at times. It helps me stay calm. However, I discovered today that it doesn't work on everyone. Obviously, it shouldn't work on moderators, but the member in question isn't one of those special people. I'll ignore them manually instead (that sounds odd 😄) but I'm now insanely curious to know how it's done.

Choosing to build the Revell 1/72 P-51D Mustang aside - or, possibly, using Humbrol H30 for RAF Dark Green - what on earth can people be doing that warrants being ignored? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5