ignoring members

Just now, Panzer Vor!!! said:

Good grief you will be saying Greg,s diplomatic next 

Now you're just being silly :fraidnot:

BTW

Apostrophe = '

Catastrophe = ,

• Like 1

Getting back to the OP... Why doesn't the Ignore function work fully ie hide posts started by people on the list, and what can be done to make it work? Is there a 'Hide Thread' function?

I know that we're all (mostly all) almost grown-up (almost, with exceptions) and can turn a blind eye to what annoys us, but sometimes one needs just a little help.

• Like 2

Wow , 'The League of Modelling Justice Warriors' they sound sooo cool.

How do I join? Would I need a special power? Do I get a cool suit, a mask and a secret underground hideout?

I could be 'Sanditman' 'cause I love sanding so much! Can sand a surface to Atomic Smoothness.

• Like 4

I ignored somebody and got ******** has commented do you want to read it, kind of message... After the 4th time seeing it my cat like DNA got the better of me. I read it and it was quite a good comment.

Whats the point of ignoring?  I don't anymore. Can't even remember why I did anyway.

Edit...Don't bother counting asterisks...I can't remember who it was !

That's Dory DNA for you.

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 2

I think the Ignore function is probably more use on boards that either aren't moderated, or the moderators can't be bothered weeding out those with an antisocial tendency.  Most of our members are pretty decent folks, and apart from the occasional hissy-fits, the perpetual nuisances don't last long.  :shrug:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mike said:

You're not so bad.  When you've seen some of the Modelling Justice Warriors(c) 2017 Mike Williams out there, you start to appreciate the folks that can keep it civil and have a laugh :)

I know I am going to get flak for this, but what is a "Modelling Justice Warrior"?  Not being smart, just really don't know.  (Public schooling in south Texas in the 1960s you know.)

• Like 1

My issue is that sometimes things are discussed that are a little painful for me to see mentioned, and although I can just scroll past them, I'd rather save myself the pain by not having them visible if possible. It's words, not people per se that cause the issue.

(I know, I know... harden up princess.)

2 hours ago, georgeusa said:

I know I am going to get flak for this, but what is a "Modelling Justice Warrior"?  Not being smart, just really don't know.  (Public schooling in south Texas in the 1960s you know.)

Don't worry mate. I don't know what or who they are either.  All I know is I want to be one!

21 hours ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

Its pointless if they dont know they are being ignored, its like when the wife says I,m not talking to you  unless you know your not being spoken to its futile :hmmm:

If anyone's ignoring me please say so , I can take you off my Christmas card list :wicked:

You misunderstand me here.

My way of thinking is that if somebody has a go at me, is rude or anything like that then I have to respond. The trouble with that is, it is something I feel I have to do but not something I want to do. I come from a school of thought where if you don't stick up for yourself then nobody else will, and if you let people get away with things then they will carry on. 

For me the point of the ignore button is that if you don't know what people are saying then you don't have to respond to them, the result being that you have saved yourself the bother of doing something you would sooner not have to do. I am really just trying to save myself a job, that's all. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reconcilor said:

Don't worry mate. I don't know what or who they are either.  All I know is I want to be one!

You have to a nasty twisted evil   nasty person :devil: 

Iwon,t name names but-------------------------------------------:wicked:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, old thumper said:

You misunderstand me here.

My way of thinking is that if somebody has a go at me, is rude or anything like that then I have to respond. The trouble with that is, it is something I feel I have to do but not something I want to do. I come from a school of thought where if you don't stick up for yourself then nobody else will, and if you let people get away with things then they will carry on. 

For me the point of the ignore button is that if you don't know what people are saying then you don't have to respond to them, the result being that you have saved yourself the bother of doing something you would sooner not have to do. I am really just trying to save myself a job, that's all. 

I know exactly where your coming from buddy :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

You have to a nasty twisted evil   nasty person :devil: 

Iwon,t name names but-------------------------------------------:wicked:

Excellent!  So Am fully qualified to join!🤣

20 hours ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

Good grief you will be saying Greg,s diplomatic next 

I have a passport in my possession that says I am.  

Pass the Ferrero Rocher please theres a good chap.

• Like 1

Please note.

The last time Dave ordered a Burger they asked him "do you want Fry's with that" ????...................... He said " No...Cadbury's "    :hypnotised:  :analintruder:

Enough said.................    :coolio:

Dick

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jenko said:

Please note.

The last time Dave ordered a Burger they asked him "do you want Fry's with that" ????...................... He said " No...Cadbury's "    :hypnotised:  :analintruder:

Enough said.................    :coolio:

Dick

Tis true  Frys for Turkish Delight only 

Thought you were in the q behind  me  buddy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

Tis true  Frys for Turkish Delight only 

Thought you were in the q behind  me  buddy 

Ah!! But do you remember their Chocolate cream ??

I was in the Q behind you until some one asked who ate all the cream eggs ??? :eat:   :who-let-rip: