HS-125 in 1/48

bar side

Hi

Now as far as I know there are no kits for a 1/48 HS-125, so if I want one I guess I would have to scratch build one.  I did print & scale up some outline plans and found a length of pipe about the right size for the main fuselage section

WP_20170121_13_51_44_Pro_zpskrkv4xka.jpg

So the basic shape may be do-able.  The trouble is the more detailed areas - engines, undercarriage etc.  Are there any existing kits or parts that might be suitable?  Not a lot about in 1/48 that I can see - learjet or maybe some after market wheels?

Any ideas gratefully recieved

• Like 1

Hasegawa did a range of Biz jets in 1/48th that might proivide parts - the Falcon 10 (Also issued by Revell) might even have the right enines for later 125s depending on what markings you want. (The RAF 125-400 and 600s were re-engined with Garretts)

Thinking about it, the Learjet (also issued by Revell) also had Garretts. Revell aslo did the Citation

Edited by Dave Fleming

22 minutes ago, Gary West said:

Cant be of help but Id love to make a Dominie in 1/48 scale - good luck with your project

Hmm, don't know if it will ever make it as far as a project - more a 'pipe' dream!

Something tells me it would be easier to use pipe, card and wood to make up a pattern & vac form it.  Might reduce the amount of building up

3 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

Hasegawa did a range of Biz jets in 1/48th that might proivide parts - the Falcon 10 (Also issued by Revell) might even have the right enines for later 125s depending on what markings you want. (The RAF 125-400 and 600ss were re-engined with Garrets)

Thanks Dave - could be interesting, will have a look at the Falcon 10

Falcon 10 double wheel main gear looks better along with the engines.  Will see though.  I tried setting it up for looks & size using the plastic waste tube for the body center and the plan pasted on to card for the nose tail & wheels. Would look good in 1/48

WP_20170122_16_57_07_Pro_zps6xlh5y9s.jpg

WP_20170122_16_57_15_Pro_zpsaexct3ts.jpg

The hawk is just there for scale

• Like 1

It does look good in 1/48th.

I have a 'desk top' resin model of a 125-800 in Royal Saudi Air Force markings.

Maybe too many differences to be rebuilt as a Royal Air Force aircraft?

But it does show that there are 125's out there.

12 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I have a 'desk top' resin model of a 125-800 in Royal Saudi Air Force markings.

Sounds nice Pete - those desktop models seem to go for quite a lot on ebay for any aircraft.  I am very tempted to have a go at scratch building something but I am really not sure how I will get on with the undercarriage.  Budget is about zero too.

1 minute ago, Pete in Lincs said:

So do it 'desktop' style.

A square of wood, a piece of dowel

and you have a flying 125.

Problem solved.

You might be on to something there!  Hopefully the box of left over bits with throw something up. 

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Very nice.  Really just fancied having one sat on the apron around the other jets.  Very few RAF 70s / 80s aircraft in 1/48 outside of the front line jets.  No 125, no jetstream, no chipmunk (well easy one anyway), no andover - so if I want one I think I am going to have to build one.

• Like 1